9. In the Hell

"The worst Kind of Pain is when you're smiling just to stop the tears from falling!"

"How will I break the news to them Dadi? How?" Shyam's voice trembled.

"We have to, we don't have any other choice.I don't know how they will cope up with this huge loss all of a sudden.But telling them the truth is important as well.You know that, don't you?"

Shyam nodded grimly, his hand shaking.

"I will help you in this." They heard a voice from behind.

They turned around and saw her standing at the door step.

Shyam fumed.

"What the hell are you doing here and who let you in my house?" Shyam barked and he saw her eyes tear up due to his coldness.He turned his back to her and Devyani saw how he was trying to hold himself not to rush to her and hug her to stop her tears.She placed a comforting hand on his clenched fist and gestured him to calm himself.

"Shyamji I was..I just.." she stuttered and then flinched when he turned sharply to her and gripped her shoulders.

"Just shut up Anjali and get out of here before i do something which i might regret later.So just.get.lost." he gritted out and pushed her away from him, she staggered back but managed to steady herself.

"Shyamji. plea-"

"I SAID GET LOST ANJALI!"

She stumbled back as he shouted at the top of his lungs.

Tears was streaming down her cheeks unchecked.But she didn't made a move to leave.

Shyam was about to again pounce on her when Devyani grabbed his hand and stopped him.He closed his eyes to gather his scattered wits.

"Dadi, please tell her to leave." he whispered hoarsely swallowing.

"Shyamji please just listen to me once.Please I want to correct the things which got messed up because of me and.."

"And you think you can undo all the damage you had done." he asked sarcastically to which she gulped nervously.

"I know i can't undo all." she started but he cut her.

"You know that Anjali? That's so very high of you!" he mocked.

Anjali knew he wasn't going to relent so she took a deep breath before continuing.

"I know Khushi is with you." She came exact to the point.

Perfect silence filled the room.

"Shyamji, Chote hasn't come to Shantivan ever since...since that day when I told him everything and...I was so worried for him so I...went to the AR and got to know about his search for Khushi and one more thing..." She sobbed as she covered her mouth with her palm.

"He...he planned that accident to kill Khushi."

Two loud gasps reverberated in the room.

"But that was not all.. Khushi. She was pregnant then..and he knew. Chote knew but still he didn't back off and continued with his plan to kill her along with his child.He just wanted her to be in same condition in which I was before and he succeeded didn't he?" Anjali chocked on her words.