Chapter 4- Valentines (Part 1)

CHAPTER 4- VALENTINES (PART 1)

Berkley School
February 13
Physics Class

-Aurea-        

I was slumped in my seat just like all of my class mates. Unlike them, I was twirling my pen around my fingers instead of clicking the hell out of it. The annoying sound they made was nearly enough to drive me mad.

Like them, I wished I had superpowers right now. The ability to control time would be super cool. I glanced at my watch and discovered that we had ten more minutes to go. 10 minutes which will feel much like ten more hours.

If I had the ability to contol time... No more boring Physics classes!

I grinned to myself and clicked my pen open.

“Miss Aurea. I would appreciate it if you stop that annoying clicking of your pen.” Our physics professor called out with a scowl directed towards me

My jaw fell open and my eyes widened with incredulity. It was the first time I did it! And I did it because I wanted to write something! Gosh, could this day get any worse?

Audrey shot me an apologetic grin and I rolled my eyes.

Then I opened my notebook and went back to writing the list of the coolest superpowers I would want to have...

A few minutes later, the bell rang and everyone breathed a sigh of relief. I quickly placed my things back on my bag and slung it over my shoulder. It’s lunch time and it’s my turn at our Rose Sale by the cafeteria.

I went there and opened my bag. I ate my sandwich quickly so that I could man our booth. “Three roses please.” My first customer said. “What color?” I asked. The guy looked baffled so I offered to explain.

“Red is ‘I love you’. White is ‘my intentions are pure’. Pink is ‘I like you’. Yellow means friendship or ‘I care for you’.” I explained.

“Thanks. Uh. Three red roses, then. It’s for my girlfriend and I really love her with all my heart.” He said.

I smiled at him for his romantic gesture.

“Congratulations, lover boy. That’ll be fifteen dollars. Here are your cards. Please write the name, year level and the room number that the girl will be in during the last class this afternoon. The roses shall be delivered by then. Oh, you can also write your message at the back of the card.” I told him. He nodded and scribbled away at the red cards I gave him.

“Drop the cards here in this box. Thank you for participating in our fundraiser. Next, please.” I said.

“Twelve red roses.” My next customer told me. It was our nerdy male classmate, Dylan. I handed him twelve cards. I peeked lower and saw that he was writing his own name.

“No... You’re supposed to write the name of the girl to whom the roses shall be delivered.” I instructed. He raised his head and glared at me.

“I want it delivered to me!” he hissed and then glared some more. “Don’t look at me with those judgemental eyes, cheerleader! Don’t look at me like that because I’m a nerd and I don’t get any gifts! I will and I shall. I’ll send them to me! And you can stuff that judgement in your eyes right in your ass.” He hissed and then finished writing his name on all the twelve red cards I gave him.

“Sheesh. I’m not judging you. Chill.” I placed his cards in the box and accepted the payment. He still stared at me. I really wasn’t judging him and he’s so paranoid. I rolled my eyes and helped the next customer.