Chapter 9- Superman Has Wings

CHAPTER 9- SUPERMAN HAS WINGS

February 15
The Fields of Elysium (Sophie’s Afterlife)
The Underworld

-Aurea-

My hand was enveloped by Thanatos’ large, warm one. I was waiting for him to bring us towards our next destination. Suddenly, he stopped and looked around.

“Is something wrong?”

“Clothes make me uncomfortable.” He stated. He let go of my hand and pulled on the collar of his shirt. “Why?” I asked.

“My wings are bound.”

Before I could think, my hand was already on his back, right where his wings should be. But I didn’t feel it. His back was broad and smooth.

“You won’t find them there. They’re hidden. Bound by magic.” He replied.

“Then, unbind them.” I said nonchalantly.

“Are you sure that’s fine with you?”

“Yes.” I shrugged. Why was it a big thing for him when he’d just extend his wings? He made it sound like a really, huge thing. He stepped back from me and started unbuttoning his shirt.

Wait. Whaaaaaaaat?

One button. Another button. And another one.

Soon his broad, tanned chest was revealed. The moment he parted his shirt and shrugged it off, I clenched my jaw tightly so that it would not hit the floor. Gods, what a sight! He was heavily muscled as if he spent so much hours on the gym lifting those heavy things! But his muscles were lean and not like those freaky steroid-huge muscles.

He stretched and I almost fainted right then and there. The action caused his muscles to bunch and every damned hot inch of him was outlined. His six-pack, washboard abs also grabbed my attention and I resisted the impulse to step closer and run my fingers all over those packs of steel.

I mentally pinched myself so that I wouldn’t drool.

Get a hold of yourself, Aurea! He is a Greek God after all. They are made to look like sheer masculine perfection! So what if he’s a total hunk and a living, breathing Greek marble statue? And just like those marble statues, every inch of him was sheer perfection.

I sighed and swallowed my drool.

He arched his back and I caught a flash of white. When my eyes focused once more, his wings were fully stretched out behind him. His wings were blindingly white and I was glad that my drawing of him with his wings looked exactly like the real thing.

He flexed and curled his wings and then flapped them once. Cold air rushed through me and my hair flew over my face. Thanatos laughed and smoothed my errant locks. Before I could think clearly and stop myself, my hand was extended and my fingers were running through those soft, white feathers.

I pulled my hand back, shocked at my audacity. I opened my lips to apologize to Thanatos but when I looked at him, his eyes were closed as if savouring the moment. He also had this odd look in his face I often saw. When he opened his eyes, he looked at me with an intense expression. Something inside me shifted and responded to him. Something in me wanted to reach out and touch him.