Chapter 10- When Gods Sing

CHAPTER 10- WHEN GODS SING

February 15
Rudy’s Bar and Grill
New York City

-Thanatos-

This day truly couldn’t have gone any better. Truly, it was the best day of my life so far!

I replayed the events of this day on my mind as I walked to my destination. This time, I let go of the clothes that Eros hated so much and wore one of those new things he bought me. They were actually very comfortable.

Today, I wore denim jeans, a black shirt and a black leather jacket on top of that. While walking down the street, I actually got a few stares much like the ones Eros always got.

All I can say is that it’s damned uncomfortable.

How could Eros stand people looking at him like he’s a damned piece of meat? I think I’d much rather prefer people looking at me as if they were scared of me. Everyone’s scared of dying. Everyone’s scared of Death. For me fear would be much more welcome than lust.

I arrived in front of the bar. The bouncers checked me over and allowed me to pass. Instantly, the scent of smoke and sweat permeated the air. Loud, blaring music assaulted my ears. It was so loud that I think it made my heart thump to the same rhythm.

Just like last time, people also crowded the dance floor and they were dancing the night away. Sweat-slicked bodies gyrated against another. Heads thrown back with pleasure. Hands roamed and groped.

I cast my eyes away from them and scanned the bar for a familiar face. No one was here except mortals. I headed straight towards the back room for the Gods.

“Hey, you came!” Eros said and pat my back.

“Yes.” I said with a smile.

“Oh, you look like the cat who’s been given cream. You got lucky today didn’t you?” he said.

“Yes. I did.” I said with another grin as I recalled the events that happened today.

“Congratulations, man. You broke those millennia of celibacy already. We must celebrate!” he said. He retrieved a whole bottle of champagne from a passing waiter. He then proceeded to uncork it.

“What are you talking about?” I hissed.

“You said you got lucky. You know.” He said and made thrusting motions with his hips.

“Gods, no!”

He looked dumbstruck.

“But you said—“

“I did not know that is what you meant. I only meant that this day has been a good one for me and I’m incredibly lucky.” I explained.

“Oh.” Eros said. His face dropped and he looked crestfallen. His shoulders drooped. He stared at the bottle of champagne as if it suddenly offended him.

“No use wasting some fine wine, though.” I laughed. I grabbed the bottle from him and removed the cork using my bare hands. I sprayed the foam towards him.

This instantly tore him away from his stupor and he began laughing. He grabbed two champagne flutes from the private bar and held one out to me.

“What should we be toasting, then?” Eros asked.

“How about my good fortune? You know, just to keep things in general.” I shrugged.

“Great.” Eros said. He poured champagne and raised his glass.