Chapter 38- Death's Scythe

***PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THAT VOTE BUTTON!***

CHAPTER 38- DEATH’S SCYTHE

The Entrance to the Realm of the Titans,
Eleftheria

-Thanatos-

“Now, what?” Hephaestus asked impatiently as we looked at the magnificent view spread out before us.

I took in a deep breath of fresh air, one that I haven’t had in a long while since humanity started to corrupt the earth with pollution. And then I sighed. Aurea would’ve loved to see this. I wish she was here so that I could share this beauty with her. She would’ve gasped and then her curiosity would get the better of her and she’d ask me to explore everything with her.

And if she was here, I’d give her anything she wanted.

But she’s not.

And I still have a mission to fulfil so that I could get her back. And once she’s by my side again, I’m never letting her go; not even for a second.

“We wait. They would’ve sensed our presence by now. They would approach us.” Poseidon answered.

I scanned the horizon for any signs of someone approaching but there was none. Hephaestus sat on the grass and began tinkering with a set of wires again. On the other hand, Hades stood stiffly as he looked across the beautiful expanse of land. His face was an expressionless mask and I knew he was thinking about his family.

And something clenched inside my chests when my thoughts drifted back to Aurea. How is she now? Has she fallen under Cronus’ control again? Or is she still fighting?

Hang in there, Aurea. I’ll come get you as soon as I can.

And suddenly, there was a bright flash of light. It was so intense that I was blinded for a few moments. And when my vision cleared, I saw that standing before us was a woman. And she was really beautiful. Her hair and skin were so white that it appeared as though it was glowing. And then she smiled and it was as if time itself stood still.

“Well, you took a long time visiting.” The woman said. And her voice sounded so beautiful and peaceful.

“Mother.” Poseidon and Hades said at the same time. They both bowed their heads towards her.

“None of that. We see each other today after all those years and you just bow your heads? Come on and give your mother a kiss.”

Hades and Poseidon went towards her, gave her a hug and kissed her cheek. Poseidon stared at her in open-mouthed shock. She was just so beautiful. And she emanated an aura of peace and serenity. Also, she was the mother of Hades and Poseidon but she looked so much younger than them.

And there was also the fact that she’s a Titan and the wife of Cronus.

“I take it this is not just for a pleasant visit?” Rhea asked.

“Yes, unfortunately this is not.” Hades replied.

“Cronus escaped Tartarus.” Poseidon said in a flat tone.

Rhea gasped and then she covered her mouth with her hand and shook her head. “Oh, dear.” She whispered softly.

“And what does he want this time?” she asked.