Chapter 31- Losing Control

***PLEASE SUPPORT AUTHORS BY VOTING FOR THEIR STORIES IF YOU LIKED IT!***

CHAPTER 31- LOSING CONTROL

Beside the River Styx
Near the Fields of Asphodel
The Underworld

-Thanatos-

“Aurea! Get here this instant!” I heard Achilles shout. 

I felt Aurea stiffen beside me at the same time that my entire body was filled with rage. My vision darkened and right at that moment, all I wanted to do was to sink my sword into any part of Achilles body, but most preferably his heart.

I did not need my armor but I summoned my sword. I held out my hand and in the blink of an eye, my curved scimitar appeared in my grip. It’s cold handle was a stark contrast to my fingers that were burning with anger and the itch to fight.

“Thanatos, no!” Aurea shouted as I prepared to launch myself towards Achilles. She threw her whole body in front of me and clutched my shoulders to stop me from going to that blasted Greek hero.

“Aurea!” I snarled as I tried to disentangle myself from her grip.

“Thanatos, no! At least let me talk to him first! This is all my fault. Please!” she begged.

“No.” I bit out and prepared again to fly towards the arrogant bastard. However, Aurea threw herself in front of the way once more. I would not be able to fly without injuring her. And despite the anger overpowering my rational thoughts, one thing stood out: I will never harm Aurea no matter what.

I forced my breathing to remain under control and tried to contain my rage. I could hear the howling of the souls in the distance and I knew that once I fully unleash my rage, the wails of the damned would echo across this rocky plain.

“Go. But if he ever makes a move to take you away from me, I will not be held accountable for my actions.” I said through gritted teeth.

Aurea nodded to me and slowly walked towards Achilles. I wanted to give them privacy but I just can’t. I wanted to listen to every word that he was going to tell her. It was Achilles who was my problem and not Aurea. I know her and I trust her. It was him that I did not trust.

And so I used my power to listen to their conversation.

“Aurea, Let’s go.” Achilles said and he reached down and took her hand. Without thinking, a growl spilled from my lips and the two of them jumped.

“Let go of her this instant!” I shouted. Achilles pulled her closer but Aurea yanked her hand from his grasp.

“Please, Achilles. Don’t make this any more difficult than it already is. Don’t provoke him further.” She whispered.

Achilles shrugged. “Let’s go. We’ve wasted enough time here.” 

“Achilles… No…”

“What do you mean no?”

“I can’t leave here. This is where I truly belong. With him. With Thanatos. We are destined by the Fates for each other.”

Achilles growled and I saw murder in his eyes when he glanced at me. Then, he looked back at Aurea and I saw a muscle throb in his jaw.