Chapter 35- Insanity

***PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THAT VOTE BUTTON IF YOU WANT UPDATES FOR THIS STORY!***

CHAPTER 35- INSANITY

The Heart of Tartarus
The Underworld

-Thanatos-

How can you fight the one being you would give your immortal life to protect?

The answer: It’s impossible. It simply cannot be done.

And I would give everything I have not to be in this situation.

“Aurea, stop!” I shouted as I raised my sword in defense against her blow.

I’ve never seen Aurea with a sword before but knowing Hades, he must’ve trained her when she was younger. Aurea had a good form and her attacks were solid. My arm now felt heavy after having to absorb most of her blows. But my heart felt heavier than my limbs. It was simply too difficult for me to do this.

But I had to grit my teeth and continue on being on the defensive for I simply cannot raise a hand to her.

To my right, I saw that Hades was doing the same.

Aidon was on the offensive and like me, Hades was on the defensive. He just raised his sword to defend himself but he never used his magic to fight back. They were just both streaks of black as they moved very, very fast.

And as I can see, Hades has trained Aidon well for he fought as well as his father.

Aurea jumped towards me again and I was forced to focus.

“Aurea... Please... Snap out of it!” I shouted. I also accompanied my words with a small amount of my magic so that it would act as a compulsion. However, nothing happened and I guess that Cronus’ compulsion is heavier and more powerful than what I can manage.

And I was getting desperate. We’ve been at this for a long time already and both Aidon and Aurea do not seem to be tiring nor displaying the will to stop.

Aurea swung her sword and I jumped and rolled out of the way.

“Aurea, it’s me! It’s Thanatos! Look at me!” I shouted as I grabbed her and held her tightly to my body so that she could not move. Then, with my free hand, I forced her head to tilt upwards so that I could look into her eyes.

And right now, they were blank...

Gone was the warmth in her beautiful grey eyes. Instead, they were replaced with nothing but a blank and empty stare. It was as if the light in her eyes was gone and she wasn’t really seeing me.

Again, I forced her to look at me.

Maybe if something inside her recognized me, she would snap out of this trance. And I hope against all odds, that she will. For I want her back. And I cannot handle seeing her like this.

“Aidon!” I heard Hades shout.

 I saw Aidon swing his sword and Hades effectively jumped back. These two were very well matched. I know that Hades trained his son well and by now, they are really used to each other’s moves.

Aurea’s, on the other hand, kept surprising me. I never saw her fight and I never know what attack she’ll spring on me next. I jumped high into the air and let my wings loose. I flew higher then tucked my wings close to my body and dived back down.