Chapter 18- A Fool In Love

CHAPTER 18- A FOOL IN LOVE

February 25
Thanatos’ House in the Caves
The Underworld

Day 2 of the Gods’ Olympics

-Thanatos-

I woke up early this day. And for the first time in a long time, I woke up with a rather large smile on my face. And again, it was all because of her: Aurea, my fated half.

I rolled off my bed and then took a bath. As the warm water cascaded over my skin, I couldn’t help but remember the events that happened yesterday. In the span of a day, a number of great things have happened.

First was that I experienced the thrill of not having to control my emotions because of the potion that limited our powers. Second is that Hades and I won the chariot race! Well, that was pretty much one of the greatest accomplishments of my existence. Third, Aurea kissed me on the cheek because I won. Fourth, she was so happy about the bracelet I gave her. And then lastly, we spent the rest of the afternoon and the night in Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world.

I was still smiling when I turned off the water and towelled myself dry. I donned a new armor and then checked to make sure that my sword was still as sharp as ever. Then, I went to the table beside my bed to take another look at the picture of Aurea and me.

She looked so beautiful. She was set in a pose that looked like she was sending a kiss to the one who was looking at the photograph. And I was standing beside her, with my arm wrapped around her and the other one behind her head, giving her rabbit ears. Both of us were smiling very widely and we both looked very happy.

It was a really good photograph. I will treasure it for all of eternity.

Fearing I was already late to the games, I quickly teleported myself to Mount Olympus. I looked around and saw that the Gods were already assembled in Zeus’ Palace and they were already waiting in line to drink the potion that removed our powers.

I fell in line and Eros appeared beside me.

“Welcome to the second day of the Olympics.” He told me with a knowing grin.

“Why are you smiling like that? What happens during the second day?” I asked.

“The fun part starts.” He replied and then he threw back his head and laughed.

“What?” I hissed.

“The second day of the Olympics is reserved for the bizarre games. It isn’t at all like the first day where it’s all formal. The second day’s more like... err... fun... Of course, it always differs. It depends on the mood of the goddesses who are organizing the Olympics. Eros explained.

I raised a brow and urged him to go on.

“It all started years ago... We’ve been doing this for hundreds of years already and everything’s getting boring. So the goddesses devised something new. During the second day, they bring out all the weird games. Sometimes it’s a hotdog eating contest, sometimes it’s who gets to walk the straightest line after being spun around a chair a long time.” He explained.

“What?” I asked in confusion.

“Well... That’s the second day. No one really knows what the games are every year. And it gets weirder and weirder as the gods and goddesses try to outdo each other when it comes to thinking up games for the Olympics.”