Chapter 27- How to Say Goodbye?

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!

CHAPTER 27- HOW TO SAY GOODBYE?

The Penthouse
Eros’ Apartment
New York City

April 6 (The Next Day)

-Thanatos-

“So are you enjoying yourself, Larissa?” I asked her as we sat on Eros’ couch and flipped through DVD’s. Eros told me how to use the DVD and the TV earlier so that Larissa and I could watch some movies while he was on a date with Psyche.

“Yes! Very much! At first everything is so overwhelming but it’s a good kind of overwhelming.” She said with a small giggle.

“So which movie do you like?” I asked as I spread over the DVD’s on Eros’ coffee table.

Larissa took a long time deciding and she read everything from cover to cover.

“I think I’d have to get my own apartment.” I spoke my thoughts out loud. Larissa let go of the DVD’s and turned to face me.

“Hmm... I think that’d be a great choice.” She replied.

“Why do you think so?” I asked.

“The Underworld is a beautiful place. It’s great. But I think a house like this will also be nice so that you’d have somewhere to stay when you’re here in the Mortal Realm. And besides, your job is mainly here and not in the Underworld.” She said in a wise tone. I chuckled and pulled her closer.

“I’ll see what I can do.” I told her.

“Now... About that DVD, I think I’ll pick this one.” She held out a DVD entitled Ghost.

“Ghost. Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore? Why this one?” I asked her.

“Look at the synopsis. It says there that the man died and then he went back as a Ghost to see that the woman he loves doesn’t fall apart or go into danger. Isn’t that like our situation? Just that it’s me who’s the ghost and it’s you who’s falling apart.” she said with a laugh. And her words stunned me.

For a long while I was unable to speak. And when I unfroze from my shock, all I could do was to pull her close in my arms. She giggled and I laughed. With her, I feel as if I’m free. It’s as if everything is light and easy.

I stood up and placed the disk in the DVD. Then, we snuggled on the couch and watched the movie. There were times we laughed, cried and there were also times when we had to look away. It was a really great movie and I saw Larissa wiping away her tears during some points in the movie.

And when the credits rolled in, both of us sighed with relief.

Larissa stood up and pulled me to my feet. I frowned in confusion as she placed her hands on my shoulders and she placed my hands on her waist. She giggled again and I slanted her a confused look.

“What? You’ve forgotten already?” she asked.

“Forgotten what?”

“How to dance, silly. Remember we used to do this under the full moon and the stars? The only difference is that we have music now. Now, move! Or have you forgotten how to dance?” she asked and then wiggled her eyebrows at me.