Chapter 21- Love is Complicated

CHAPTER 21- LOVE IS COMPLICATED

The Penthouse
Eros’ Apartment
New York City
February 26

-Eros-

“She’ll be fine, Eros. I healed all her wounds. She’ll sleep for now. When she wakes up she’ll be good as new. Do you want me to wipe away her memories?” Apollo asked me right after he healed Psyche.

“Thank you, Apollo.” I replied.

“What happened to her?” he asked curiously.

“Cheerleading routine. She fell. She’s Aurea’s best friend.” I explained.

“Oh. Must be a really hard fall then. I’ll be on my way. Just call if you need me.” He said. I nodded and in a flash of bright light, he was gone.

After he was gone, I sighed and then went to Psyche’s side. I placed my elbows on the edge of the bed and then placed my chin on my hands as I looked at her.

She’s beautiful...

There’s a sort of innocence and simplicity in her beauty. It looked pure and untainted. All my life, I’ve seen many beautiful women. I’ve bedded most of them yet I did not feel anything for them aside from the pleasure of the sexual act. Yet what was it about this woman? What drew me to her aside from her lovely features?

And how was it that she was able to resist my powers?

I looked at her again and noticed the blood matted on her hair and her clothes. Something inside me clenched at the sight of her like that. I wasn’t able to help it and I ran my fingers through her hair. I waved my hand and all the blood disappeared. I did the same for her clothes until she was clean.

And after that, I stared at her and tried to commit every inch of her beautiful face to memory.

After what felt like hours of sitting beside her, I felt this craving for coffee. With a sigh, I went to the kitchen and fixed myself a steaming cup of coffee. I leaned across the counter and looked at the busy city outside the windows while I continued thinking about the girl in my bed.

The buzz of the coffee maker snapped me out of my thoughts and I went back to my room with the mug of coffee on my hand. I entered the door and heard a soft gasp. My eyes immediately went towards the fragile creature in the middle of my bed.

Her eyes shone with confusion and when she looked at me, it flashed with anger and suspicion.

“Where am I? What are you doing here?” she hissed.

“You’re in my apartment. In my bed to be exact.” I replied in a dry tone. Her lips pursed and her eyes narrowed with anger.

“What am I doing here?” she said and then she flipped the covers away and looked at her body. She seemed to relax when she saw that she was fully clothed. I just can’t help it, I threw my head back and laughed.

“What? You thought I took advantage of you? Nah. I like my partners awake and willing.” I said with a sneer.

She flinched and then paled. But that only took a moment for in a flash, she was bristling with anger once more.