Chapter 36- Prepare for War

***PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THAT VOTE BUTTON! THANKS!***

CHAPTER 36- PREPARE FOR WAR

The Throne Room
Zeus’ Palace
Mount Olympus

-Thanatos-

“Cronus is back.” Hades announced.

He paced the length of the middle of the grand Olympian throne room while his queen sat at her throne beside his with tears in her face. There was silence for quite some time and then the room erupted into comments of disbelief and anger.

“Are you sure about this?” Zeus asked Hades.

“I am. I saw it with my own two eyes.” Hades replied as he kept pacing. His black cloak moved with the breeze with every movement.

“How did it happen?” Poseidon asked.

“Cronus stirred a few decades ago. And then he used my children. They were under his control and they did his bidding. They transferred his soul to that of a mortal’s and that’s how he escaped.”

And this proclamation was met with shocked gasps from the gods and goddesses present. On the other hand, Aerith started crying again because of this.

Hades heard her sob and he immediately stopped his pacing to go to her and comfort her. And I think my heart cracked in two at the sight. Aurea should be here right now. I should also be comforting her. But that single moment that I did not hold her hand and she was taken from me.

Where could she be now?

Is she being treated right? Or is Cronus still using her to do his dirty work?

“And Cronus asked us to prepare for war for he’ll have his revenge on all of us for everything we did to him.” Hades added.

“We will be ready. And we’ll place him back to where he belongs.” Ares growled.

“Right. If it is a war he wants, then it would be a war he gets.” Zeus said. His words were followed by the crack of lightning as it filled the room. My hair also stood on end with all the static electricity.

“Hades, you close all the entrances to the Underworld. And close off Tartarus. We can’t have Cronus awakening his allies.” Zeus instructed.

“I have already done that. No one goes in and out other than me and my queen. And there’s an entire army of shades guarding Tartarus.” Hades replied.

“Good. And what must we do about Cronus?” Dionysus asked.

“First. We must get Aidon and Aurea back.” I interjected.

And after I said those words, all heads whipped towards me.

“What did you say?” Poseidon asked, a muscle twitching in his cheek.

“Cronus has Aidon and Aurea under his control still.” Hades answered with much sadness in his voice.

“Then he truly has declared war against us by capturing two of our own!” Zeus bellowed and his words were followed by thunder.

“Where do we find him? Let’s end this now!” Ares shouted.

“We wait for him to make the first move. Sooner or later he will show himself and we won’t need to find him. For now, we should tell all the others and we should prepare for the kind of war that happened thousands of years ago.” Athena calmly advised.