Chapter 32- Meeting the Parents

Dedicated to @Elafry for making the awesome cover in the right side of your screen. Thank you @Elafry! :D

 *PLEASE SUPPORT AUTHORS BY VOTING FOR THE CHAPTER IF YOU LIKED IT!*

CHAPTER 32- MEETING THE PARENTS

Beside the River Styx
Near the Fields of Asphodel
The Underworld

-Thanatos-

Through the haze of darkness, came a small speck of a bright white light. I did not know what it was but somehow, it promised relief from the heaviness that I was feeling. I continued to gaze at it until it burned brighter and brighter.

And then it exploded.

I closed my eyes for the brightness blinded me. At the same time, it felt as if my entire body has been doused with ice cold water. That sensation was followed by the heaviness inside of me lifting. It was as if the thorn in my chest has been removed and the haziness in my brain cleared.

I shivered at the new sensations and then opened my eyes.

And that was when all the confusion kicked in.

I quickly scanned my surroundings and saw Aurea who had her arms wrapped around me. Behind her was Achilles and there was fear in his eyes; something I've never seen before. Anger flared within me at the sight of him but before I could move, he pulled a device from his pocket. It was similar to the teleportation device that Aurea used before she had her powers. And within the space of a heart beat, he vanished.

I felt Aurea sway and her grip on my arms tightened. I quickly wrapped my arms around her.

“Aurea...” I whispered with concern as I saw how pale she looked. Her hands felt cold on my skin and her rosy lips and cheeks were now devoid of color. She opened her eyes and she looked into mine as though she was searching for something.

She smiled and then cupped my cheek. I felt her shiver and on instinct, I unfurled my wings and wrapped them around both of us to protect her from the cold.

“Thank the heavens that you are back.” she croaked. And after those words, her knees crumpled.

I held her tighter and kissed her temple. And then I scanned my surroundings once more and tried to make sense of what has happened and why there was this huge gaping hole in my memory.

What the hell happened here?

What happened to me?

Why do I remember nothing else after I heard Achilles' taunts.

Fear gripped my heart as I thought of possible scenarios.

Only one thing came to mind: I lost control again just like I did all those years ago after Larissa died. My body felt the same. And I could still feel in the air the remnants of a huge amount of power that I used.

I shook my head and unfurled my wings again. I scooped Aurea up and held her securely in my arms. Then, I bent my knees and prepared to take flight.

But suddenly, there was a loud sound like the blast of a cannon. And then three swirling black mists appeared before me.