Chapter 33- Of Love and Marriage

***Please support authors by voting for the chapter if you liked it!***

CHAPTER 33- OF LOVE AND MARRIAGE

Aurea’s Bedroom
Hades’ Palace
The Underworld

-Aurea-

“Thanatos?” I whispered softly.

He was the first thought that popped into my mind the moment I opened my eyes and recognized that I was in my room. And when he was not there and he did not respond to my call right away, I started to panic.

Where could he be?

Did something happen to him after I passed out?

Did he lose control again?

I tried to sit-up and groaned loudly when every muscle in my body protested at the sudden movement. My limbs felt as if a ton of weights has been attached to them. Every movement hurt but I tried my best to move so that I could go and find Thanatos.

But suddenly, that familiar feeling of him being near slid down my spine.

And before I could turn around to face the source, I felt his arms wrap around me. “I’m here.” He whispered against my ear. And my knees almost buckled as a tingling feeling slid down my spine.

“Good.” It was the only thing I could say through this huge lump in my throat.

I wanted to turn around and run my fingers through his hair and touch every inch of that glorious body just so I could make sure that he’s safe.

“Aurea... What happened?” he asked me softly.

“You fought with Achilles.” I answered in a light tone in an attempt to diffuse the situation.

“Yes... And I lost control... But somehow you pulled me back...”

“Thanatos... What happened earlier, I could not explain it. It’s... Err... When you lost control, you almost killed Achilles...”

“How could I kill an immortal?!?” he gasped.

“I don’t know but somehow you almost succeeded. I felt it. You were so powerful... And when you directed all that towards Achilles, I really felt his life force fading away. A few more seconds of that and he would’ve been dead by now.”

“Gods!” he exclaimed and then paced the room while tugging on his black hair in frustration.

“I didn’t hurt you, didn’t I?” his voice was barely a whisper when he asked that. His eyes held a look of fear as if he did not really want to know the reply.

“No... Never, Thanatos.” I replied with as much conviction I could muster. After that, I saw him relax as some of the rigidity left his body.

“Then what happened?”

“I don’t know exactly what I did. It was just that my instinct told me to reach out to you with my power. It’s still difficult for me to summon this magic inside me but when it was for you, it responded very quickly.”

“It was really you... When I lost control, it was as if some other part of me took over while the other was forced to watch. And it was very dark and I was very, very confused. But cliché as it may sound, I saw this small spark in the darkness... And now I know that it’s you...”