Chapter 16- The Olympics (Part 2)

CHAPTER 16- THE OLYMPICS (PART 2)

February 24
Zeus’ Palace
Mount Olympus

-Thanatos-

“I could not believe we lost! You must have cheated somehow!” Hephaestus accused Hades.

“I did not! You lost because your reflexes were so slow that you got hit on the head!” Hades spat. His fists were clenched at his sides. Hephaestus glowered at him even if Hades stood around a foot taller than him.

“I have won this race for five times in a row already! I can’t just lose like that! And we’re back to the first argument that you must have cheated somehow.” Hephaestus repeated. I rolled my eyes at the two of them and walked away so I wouldn’t be able to hear their bickering.

Last I heard before I got out of earshot was their comparison of their chariot specifications and horses.

I saw Eros standing near a pillar and I quickly went towards him.

“Hey, man. Great job!” he greeted. “Thanks.” I replied.

Then he went back to leaning across the pillar with his brows drawn together. Then his eyes suddenly widened and he went in front of me as if blocking something.

“What’s the problem?” I asked him.

“Nothing! Let’s go and prepare for the next event?” he said hurriedly. He clamped a hand on my wrist and tugged on it. I wrenched my arm away from him and glared at him. “Eros! What is it?” I shouted and he paled.

He stepped away and I was able to see the view he was hiding.

Achilles and Aurea were walking side by side and Aurea was smiling up at Achilles. To others, it may look innocent but for me, it was enough to make my blood boil. I instantly clenched my fists at my side and waited for the anguished cries as my aura poured forth.

But then I remembered that we didn’t have powers for now...

“Calm down, Thanatos!” Eros implored.

“How can I be calm when I see that?!” I said and pointed to Aurea and Achilles. Achilles grasped Aurea’s hand in his and raised it to his lips to kiss it. Right then, I wanted to roar. I wanted to shout at them. But most of all, I wanted to go to Achilles and punch and kick him until he couldn’t stand.

“No! I know what you’re thinking! You can’t do that! All the Gods are here! Don’t cause a scene, please...” Eros begged as he placed both hands on my chest to stop me from moving towards them. Both our muscles strained as I walked forward while Eros tried to stop me.

“Gods, Eros! Let me go!” I shouted.

“No! Don’t make a fool of yourself! Aurea won’t forgive you for this! She doesn’t know about you so she won’t understand! She’s going to hate you for this!” Eros countered.

Eros’ words penetrated my anger-filled mind. I sighed and then closed my eyes and then tilted my head upward in an effort to calm myself.

“There. That’s better.” Eros murmured with relief.

I did not reply to his words. Instead, I glared at Achilles while he spoke to Aurea. And while I was glaring at him, I kept on wishing for some disaster to befall him.