Chapter 18

Todays class was slightly different, WSOs separated from their pilots. All of the pilots were brought into one classroom while the WSOs were brought into another, all of us being given the same practical test of situational questions where we had to answer what we would do in said situation.

"A rolling reversal would work well in that situation." Regan told Rooster as she walked by his desk and looked at his paper from over his shoulder.

"But if I reversed on a hard cross, I could immediately go to guns on them." He explained his choice of action.

"Yeah, but at that speed, it's too fast. It's a little bit too aggressive." She found the hole in his plan.

"Too aggressive." He repeated, pondering her word choice.

"You're a great pilot, I'm sure you'll figure it out" Regan told him as she slipped a piece of paper onto his desk. Phoenix shot her head up in shock before quickly looking back at her paper as Regan moved to continue around the room.

When Phoenix looked back to Rooster he was reading the note Regan gave him, noticing her address and a time for a dinner date. He looked at it with confusion before showing it to Trace as he eyes went wide.

"Im telling Sunshine" She stated in a whisper.

"Don't you dare" He warned.

"She's my girl, I gotta tell her" She shrugged in defence and he dropped his head into his hands in defeat, knowing this would cause even more trouble.

That afternoon all of the aviators gathered on the beech for a fun afternoon in the sun. All of the men were shirtless, showing off their muscles while Trace and I simply wore tank tops and shorts to beat the heat. Hangman and Coyote challenged Rooster and I to a gave of volleyball which we couldn't turn down. Hang,man stood in the sand, spinning the ball on his finger as we got started.

"Let's go." Rooster clapped his hands together, ready to begin.

"Okay, Hangman, yeah." Coyote called out when Hangman made the first serve.

"All set." I called to Rooster as he hit the ball and I hit it over the net.

"Yeah. Yeah, yeah."

"Back up, back up."

"Here it comes." Rooster warned me and I spiked it over the net in front of Hangman, scoring a point for Rooster and I.

"That's good." I cheered, throwing my arms in the air proudly. Rooster and I high fived before getting into place again. Coyote whopped loudly when he hit the ball and Rooster dove for it, missing and landing in the sand.

"Come on. Let's go, now."

"Come on, Roos, let's get them. Those guys are animals." I said as Rooster threw his sweaty arm over my shoulder as we walked back to our places and he glanced over our shoulders at Coyote and Hangman celebrating their point.

"Let's go! Go!" Phoenix called out, cheering for Rooster and I from the sidelines.

"Oh, good serve, good serve." Coyote congratulated Hangman as Rooster dove, hitting it up for me to hit over.

"All right!" Rooster gave me another high five when he spiked the ball at coyote.

"Yes!" We continued to go back and fourth until I spiked the ball back at the other team, gaining us our winning point.

"That's game." Rooster stated, prompting me to jump on his back for a victory lap. Phoenix laughed at our actions, reminding us all of academy memories. Once he set me back on the sandy beech I got ready for another game.