Chapter 28

"What is wrong with you two?" Mary approached Maverick and Goose as they exited the admirals office.

"Excuse me? That was all him" Goose pointed blame to the pilot.

"What do you say we all go out for celebratory drinks when we get back on land" Maverick prompted his great idea.

"Celebrating what?" Mary asked questionably.

"We are going to Top Gun" Maverick said, throwing his arm over each of their shoulders.

"Really? You two?" Mary faked shock.

"Yes, us two" Maverick replied teasingly.

"I don't know, I should probably go home first, see the wife and the little one" Goose turned down the drinks.

"Yeah, and I should check in on Nick, she hates when I'm away" Mary added her own concern.

"How about you all come over to my place, that way Bradley and Nicky can play together" Goose suggested.

"Sounds like a great plan, how could I turn down a night with my best friends?" Maverick posed the question, Mary and Goose being the closest thing to a family he had.

"Shit, shit, shit" I cursed out as I jumped up from my spot on the couch realizing I fell asleep reading my moms notebook. I checked the time to see it was still early and I had enough time to get ready before work. I rushed around the house, grabbing an apple and a coffee before making my way out of the door, notebook tucked under my arm and bag slung over my shoulder.

Once I had arrived at the base I decided to wait in my car for a few others to arrive since I was still early. I glanced over to the camera and notebook on my passenger seat and reached for the notebook again, picking up where I had left off.

"Aww, hi!" Carole ran forward to hug her husband who handed her a bouquet of flowers while wearing one of his bright Hawaiian shirts. Bradley ran to hug his father as well with a cheer. Rooster knelt to give him a kiss before picking him up.

"Goose!" I cheered out his name.

"Nicky" he held out his hand for a fist bump as he picked up Bradley.

"What about me?" Maverick asked as he swooped in to pick me up while I laughed loudly.

"Hi uncle, Mav" I greeted with a bright smile.

"Goose tells me you're in love with one of your instructors" Carole started as they all walked out of the airport.

"Is that right?" Maverick sent a look to Goose as Mary laughed.

"I didn't say that" Goose defended weakly.

"Yes, you did" Carole said confused.

"I-I can't believe you said that, that was a secret" he kissed his wife and moved to catch up with Maverick who was still carrying me, Goose carrying his son.

~~~

"You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain" Goose sang out with Bradley and I sitting on top of the piano singing along to the best of our ability's.

"Too much love drives a man insane" we all continued. "You break my will, but what a thrill, goodness gracious great balls of fire!"

"Woo!" Maverick, Carole and Mary called from their table.

"Woo hoo!" Goose cheered as Maverick made his way over to us. Maverick took Bradley's cowboy hat and placed it on my head as we both giggled.

"You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain, too much love drives a man insane" Maverick and Goose sang as I clapped along. "You broke my will, but what a thrill, goodness gracious great balls of fire!"