[006]

[𝙨𝙞𝙭]
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

—AMARA, JAKE AND LUKE PACED DOWN THE STAIRCASE and down to the dirty ground of the training yards. She was so excited for them to relive their entire childhood once again.

She could hear the clashing of swords ringing through the courtyard as soon as she stepped outside. Lucerys and Jacaerys were following behind her, eager to go back to the yard where they trained and played as children.

"Smaller than I remember." Lucerys muttered out. 

Amara scoffed. "Maybe because back then, you were a small child. And now you are nearly a man grown, it's humorous how time works."

"I think it looks exactly the same." Jacaerys countered back. "Ah, Luke, come on." He started running down them, past Amara, who followed. They slowed their walk once they got to the bottom, watching as guards trained with each other, fighting each other with swords and half-broken shields.  

The two Velaryon boys ignored the stares that they received when they walked past, but Amara noticed them. She saw how old men and women turned to look at them with black hair, and then turn to whisper to each other about it.  

Amara drew in a breath, trying to ignore it herself.

They ran off to the other side of the courtyard, and Jacaerys sped over to the stone wall as Lucerys and Amara stayed by the weapon choices.

Jacaerys laid a hand on a half-circle hole in the wall and looked to Luke. "See?" He said. "I told you it would still be here!" His voice was filled with wonder.

That's right!" Remembered Amara laughing. "You thought you could swing Criston's morning star." Amara chuckled, Jace joining her.

"You almost took your own head off," teased Jake as he ruffled his little brothers hair up.

Lucerys seemed to notice some of the stares the three were gaining and suddenly his smile had fainted away. Amara frowned when she noticed.

"What's the matter, brother?" She asked him.

"Everyone's staring at us." He said lowly, he caught Jacaerys' attention, though instead of comforting the little boy he instead gave both Lucerys and Amara a fright when he suddenly swung the sword he was holding, Amara chuckled.

Lucerys looked to the ground. "No one would question me being heir to Driftmark . . ." He hesitated on saying the rest. "If I looked more like Ser Laenor Velaryon than Ser Harwin Strong." He said sorrowful.

Amara looked at him, with a sudden feeling of sorrow for the boy, she leaned closer to him, laying a comforting hand on his shoulder. "No one here knows anything," began Amara. "People think they know everything but I can assure you, they don't. Screw Aemond, and his opinions, screw the Hightower's, and screw everyone who doesn't think you should be the heir."

Jace paid no attention to the rumors. He would often be taken over by a willful negligence that nearly had Amara tearing her hair from the root.

Suddenly gasps and shouts were heard behind the three of them, and they then began walking to where a crowd was gathering. They could hear the familiar noise of Ser Criston Cole's grunts, and the tormenting laugh of his opponent. Amara moved to the edge of the crowd and watched along with her brothers side by side.