Chapter 6

"Anny... Anny... Wake up. Bitch get the hell out of bed." she screamed nearly making my eardrums burst.

"Gabby what is it?" I yelled back.

"It's so bad. Look at the time. You have so many missed calls from Lukah. He also sent you a text 3 hours ago. You are dead. Seems your boss didn't approve concerning your task."

She spoke so fast. What I understood was that I was in deep shit. Now I know what Miss Christine ment 'he is hard to please'.

"Shit" I cursed.

Quickly I grabbed my phone from Gabby and called Lukah. He filled me on all the details. Soon I was on my way to the mansion. Seems like the meeting went well but the investors questioned more about the decor design.

I imagined something like this but never thought it would happen so soon.

"Lukah." I called upon seeing him.

"Hey Anny you have got some serious explaining to do." he spoke.

"Don't you think I know that. What about the boss?"

I had to ask. Didn't want to meet with him on such a circumstance.

"seriously in such a situation... No he's not in. Urgent matter he had to attend to. Now it's your time to keep these guys company. A little advice keep your head up high. This guy's are rich people you wouldn't want to get on their bad side. Don't worry I'll be with you in there."

That was helpful. At least I won't be in a room filled with strangers.

" Let's go. "

We both entered the conference hall. Lukah followed suit behind me as if I was her boss. Felt nice but at the same time I was nervous.

" Good evening gentlemen, am Anny Palmer, well I guess I'll be your company for the time being."

"Who the heck are you?" One of the men asked.

Yap I totally expected that but a little more than that. Thought they'd kick me out or something. Anyways luckily I didn't expect a welcoming party.

"Your worst nightmare." I joked.

The men looked at me astonished. Bet in their heads they were asking 'who the hell do I think I am'.Despite everything I held my head up high exactly the way Lukah had adviced me.

"Careful little mis, he is one of the most important and powerful men here." Lukah whispered a warning in advance.

I didn't want things to get so ugly and out of my hands reach henceforth I evaded the awkward situation by explaining my choices of decorating the hall the way It is.

" Magnificent. I love it. One way or another I feel at home. Right gentlemen?" one of them spoke once I was done explaining to them about my intentions.

They all agreed. Satisfying two cultures wasn't an easy task to begin with.

"What do you think about it, Mr Benard Lerk <aka> The man?"