Chapter 45

ANNY'S POV

I woke up feeling exhausted. My body was numb all over. Looking around I met with his sleeping body. He had placed his head on the hospital bed and his left hand held onto mine. I didn't want to bother him thus I tried to get out of bed. I needed to use the washroom.

"What are you doing?" I heard his sleepy voice.

He was already awake. Those sexy eyes really messes me up every time I see them. I don't know when I'll be able to get used to it.

I slightly smiled as of getting out of bed was a sin. "I need to use bathroom."

" You could have just called me I'd be glad to help."

"Didn't want to bother you." I stated.

"So you see me incompetent." He looked serious.

"I didn't..."

"Don't ever do that again. The doctor said you can't move so much. You just gave birth." He cut me in my sentence.

"I'll help."

"Does it hurt?" he asked his voice indicating he was worried

"Not anymore." I honestly answered.

"I got scared seeing you hurting in the ward."

"Max are you seriously apologizing right now?" I spoke while laughing at him.

"The heck you just had to ruin the moment." He complained.

"Okay. I won't do that again." I promised.

"Get ready we will go see baby Tasha when Gabby and Lukah arrive." He informed me.

The rest of the time he kept feeding me just because the doctor said I should eat more to gain the energy lost. My belly was still big but the doctor said in due time it will go back to normal.

" You are up. "Gabby spoke excitedly when she saw me seated.

" You look... "she dragged.

" Great. I know. "I bragged.

" I meant to say bad. You really need to start working out after you get better. "

" Damn you. "I cursed her.

" Are you ready? "she asked.

"Mh." I nodded.

Max helped me onto a wheelchair and pushed it as we headed to the incubation room. At first I was scared to look but later Max convinced me saying she looked exactly like me.

"But she has Max eyes." I heard Gabby speak and Lukah agreed.

I slowly opened my eyes. There she was. Lying in the incubator as she looked around suckling her fingers while kicking. I was happy beyond doubt that I never noticed I was already teary.