Chapter 57

Yah! I know I was better than all this. My whole life I've been a coward and this was a fresh start. So why am I still a coward? I had already fall deep in love with Jake, so why was I denying it?

Nick was already long gone and I was back to the prison where I only have my mind. It really played tricks on me. I thought of every possible negativity that flashed in my mind.

Two weeks down the line. I hadn't gain courage of talking to him. I had come to terms by the fact that I was in danger. It was like I had been glued to my apartment. I sold the car to ease me from paying money for petrol. Lately I've been buying stuffs online thus no need to go outside. My apartment had become my cocoon.

It was on this particular day, Nick had informed me Jake was unwell. He had pushed himself to the core. This put me in a dilemma. Several hours of racking my brain and I chose to go visit him. It was kind of a returning favor. He taken care of me while I was in hospital and paid for the bills.

I took Nick's car and headed for the mansion. On the way I almost gave up on going. Being fixed in such a dilemma was way hard for me. Soon I was already at the mansions gate. There was no turning back either.

In the mansion, there were fewer house staff than normal. Linda informed me she had send them off since Jake fired them all. I headed for his bedroom after Linda took me to pace with how things were while I was away.

There he was, in bed covered from toe to neck. He looked pale even though it was quite dark in here. The curtains were still down and the atmosphere of the room was far beyond negative. I headed nearer to the edge of the bed, leaned in and brushed my hand over his hair.

"Anny." He whispered while he slightly gave in to my touch.

"Sh! Go back to sleep." I slightly patted him.

His eyes were half open as he looked at me.

"Why are you here?"he asked pulling me closer.

" I came to visit. Heard you were sick. "

" Then I should be sick more often if that's what will get you to come. "He joked.

" Don't joke about that. Am worried. "I confessed.

Couple of times he coughed. I got him hot water mixed with ginger and lemon. Checking his temperature he was burning up.

" I'll take you to see a doctor. "I spoke while getting into action.

" No. Not the hospital. "He strongly disagreed.

" Jake! "I warned.

" I hate hospitals especially when I saw you laid in bed. "He stated.

I stared at him on disbelief. He actually felt bad when I was sick. All these red flags and I was still confused about what he thinks of me.

" Hey! "He snapped his fingers getting my attention back to him.

" Then I'll call the doctor. "I excused myself.

My heart was already beating fast. Unable to cope with the surrounding I had to lie about calling the doctor. Soon the doctor arrived. I escorted him to Jake's room. Few minutes later he was already done checking on him. Down the pad he wrote some few notes concerning his diet. Due to the fact he was given meds, his diet mattered.

"Take care of him. He's exhausted." the doctor whispered to me before taking his leave.

Jake looked at me suspiciously.

"What did he say?" he asked trying to sit upright.

"Lay down." I warned eyeing him.

He got back in bed while I covered him.