Chapter 38

LUKAH'S POV

"Max, any better?" I spoke sitting down.

He looks awful since that day. Most of the time he is either sleeping or sitting silently in his study. As soon as he woke up from the operation he said he wanted to come back home. Australia has been one of a kind of home for him to escape from when things are hard for him.

Anny hid the fact he was pregnant pretty well. If not for the doctors who gave a head start that she needs blood donated to her due to the fact she was carrying a child and she had loose a lot of blood, Max could not have found about her.

The two have not been on speaking terms since then. He seems more disappointed than hurt. Well as for me, I can't say I've had an easy going. Gabby has been all sickly since he got attacked in the fight. I had to take care of her most of the time.

Max sold there apartment in order to look after Anny who got so mad about that since he didn't discuss about selling it with her. Compared to how we all were before knowing about the pregnancy and after knowing it things are great.

END OF POV

I don't remember much of that day, so I just let it pass. What ached the most was that my mother committed suicide after that day. That was the start my freedom and the end of my care free life. Max already knew I was pregnant with his child and I had planned on keeping it a secret for long.

We had a heated argument about him selling my apartment without my consent and with that alone I worked myself up and ended in the hospital. Max was so scared that he promised never to argue with me.

Since that day I haven't seen much of him nor have we ever talked. He's either working or in his study. Couple of time I wanted so bad to talk about what happened at my dad's place, but he always told me to let it go.

Five months down the line I missed him so much. I haven't seen him, touched him, spoke to him or just stayed in the same room as him. This was going not to my liking. He has been hiding so much from me, and the fact that my dad was the one who killed his entire family.

On this particular day I was in the garden when I heard his voice. Earlier on I saw Lukah enter his study room. I had no idea what he talked about but this was the first time he came to talk to me.

"it's cold out here. Let's get you back in." He spoke in a gentle calm manner.

For a while I doubted if what I was hearing was the truth or I was technically lying to myself. Just like the past five months, I so much wanted to see him that I created a hope in my mind that one day he'll come around.

"If you don't want to, just say so." He spoke while walking away.

"I want to." I quickly responded with a slight curve on my lips.

This was beyond happiness. I was so much overjoyed that I wouldn't stop smiling.

"You sure do look happy. Let me help you." He spoke out of the blues.

There he was gently holding my hand as held onto him while we walked inside our home. I had come to love his place as our home since he sold my apartment. This was the last bit of hope that I had in a family. I lost my dad, brothers and mother in just a span of hours.

Somehow it was my fault. I put the blame all on me. I didn't blame Max he was just being filial to his family. I had no idea of the events of the past encounter between his family and mine, what I hoped was that the grudge between them was over.

Suddenly I felt a slight pain in my tummy. My stomach had already bulge out and was visible. I stopped walking and held onto him tightly on his arm.

"What's wrong?" he asked.