Chapter 52

Six months down the line, both Nick and I stayed in touch. Jake has been texting once or twice. My life was better than I thought.

I heard a buzz from my phone it was Jake. I was surprised to see his name pop up in the place of the caller's id. I picked it up without wasting time.

"I've sent someone to pick you up." and he hanged up.

He could have just texted instead of going to such an extent of calling. That caught me off guard. I tried calling Nick but he was out of reach. Soon I heard a knock at my door. I sluggishly walked to the door.

" Mis. Anny, Ace Take request for your presence at the mansion." He informed me.

"He could have said so earlier. I haven't even taken a bath." I complained.

"You should take one fast."

I rushed to my room only for the guy to come like two minutes before I had even undressed.

"We have no time. You'll take one at the mansion." He informed me.

Soon he was like literally dragging me out of my own home after taking the key. He locked the door as if he was acquainted with the place. This must probably be Jake's doing since he insisted on having a key to my apartment as well.

In the car I tried starting a conversation with the guy but he never uttered a single word. Countless time he was called. That's when I heard him talking after that he'd go into mute mode. The drive was long that I slept.

"Anny." I heard his voice.

"You seem tired compared to me." He spoke while helping me get out of the car.

"Where am I...." I dragged upon seeing the mansion. This was five times bigger than my Australian home. And magnificent too.

"Linda clean her up and send her to me once she is perfect."

I was handed over to unknown people. My heart beat so fast and I became anxious.

"Relax love, no one here will bully you."

I nodded and took my leave. I felt so embarrassed being in such shady home clothes. We passed through the garden to the back door. I tried to inquire but they wouldn't tell me anything useful. Seems they were trained to mind their own business. They were loyal to their master.

Walking in I was so amazed by what I saw. This might have been the house of a past king or someone filthy rich. Even though Max was rich he wasn't to this extent. Why am I thinking about him right now? I questioned myself.

Soon I entered a room that was assigned to me. There were maids in there too. The bath was already prepared.

"Let's get you cleaned up." Linda spoke joyful.

"Can I do that by myself?" I asked shyly.

"Don't you like our services?" she asked.

The other maids seemed scared too.

"No it's not that..." I dragged.

"Please Mis. Anny. Let us do our job or Ace would get angry at us."

I had no say in that. By the looks of it they are more scared of Jake than I imagined.

"Is he that dangerous?" was what kept ringing in my mind. I never noticed I had already been undressed. Luckily the medicine that the middle aged woman worked and the ugly bruises on body had all disappeared.

I was led into the bath tub for a soak. Twenty minutes or so two maids started rubbing my body. Soon I was all cleaned up. My hair was dried and applied expensive perfume. Later I was dolled up and dressed too.