Chapter 59

ANNY

It has been a month since our last encounter. Heard him and Lily have been seen couple of times together. This in turn made me lonely. He was all I needed but I let a silly judgmental issue break us apart. One time Nick sent me a picture of the two. They looked good together. Getting annoyed I told him to never send me pictures of them again.

My life has been a total mess. I thought we were good that day when he took me home. In the morning I got to realize how much of an idiot I have been. This was a point of no return. Making up my mind I decided to start my own business and raise my gang back to life. I needed a purpose to live and staying dormant wasn't helping.

Getting in touch with the people from my past, I knew it will be risky but I was up for it. That was the only thing I could do to revive my family as the last heir to the Palmer's legacy.

It took me a while to get accepted back. Finally I had managed to get 80 percent of the gang's approval. This was a challenge to me when they asked me to revive the gang in three months time using my own money.

I expected that. Lucky me I had taken several investments and my money was gaining a lot. Coming to think about it I need someone powerful behind me to shield me incase anything backfires. Jake was the only one I had in mind.

Filling in Nick on what I was planning, he supported me even though he didn't like the fact that I was going to use Jake to my advantage.

"What if he finds out you want to use him. This will be messy." He questioned me.

"Don't worry he won't get angry if it's me." I was bold enough to run my mouth.

The eyes he gave me clearly spoke for themselves. He knew I already had another agenda on my plate. Since he won't come to me, then I'll go to him.

It was on this fateful day that I went to pay him a visit. Nick had already given me a heads up of his whereabouts. His crib was his hideout since he no longer came to my apartment, which was his second hideout.

At the door my heart raced. I didn't know how to react when I see him. Making up my mind, I rang the door bell twice. Few seconds later I heard the sound of the door unlocking. It flew open. The person behind the closed door wasn't the one I was expecting.

What I saw tore my heart to pieces. I wasn't expecting that. For a moment there I felt betrayed. There she was the girl I had come to hate so much. I don't know why, but I hated the mere sight of her. She had a bright smile plastered on her face.

She stood shamelessly in front of me wearing Jake' s t-shirt. The same one I bought for him just as a thank you for sticking by my side when I needed him. At the moment I felt like grabbing it and tearing it to pieces. I must say it fitted her perfectly. She had a better athletic body and her curves were perfect.

"Anny." she called my name as if we were acquainted with each other.

There I saw Jake's head popping from god knows where. He looked surprised to see me. As well as confused. My eyes stuck on his shirtless chest. This was the worst dream I've ever had. At the moment I wished it was just a dream. Coming to reality was more painful to bare.

"Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt." I apologized as I turned to walk away.

" It's not what you think it is."

Jake's voice made me stop. Coming to think about it I was so stupid to ever think he'd be more than what I just saw.

I turned to face the opposite direction where he was. "See you on Monday. I need to discuss something with you. " and with that I took my leave.