Chapter 62

ANNY

"Are you up for it. You know you can say no to it." He looked me in the eye as he spoke.

It has been a month since I started feeling tired and moody too. Jake suspects that I am pregnant. He went to the extent of buying a pregnancy test kit. I was so scared at the moment. He had insisted that I should go see a doctor but I put up a fight saying I was okay, thus resulting in a pregnancy kit.

" It's okay. We need to right? "I waited for his assurance.

We needed to know the truth. Plus Jake was a hundred percent sure that I was pregnant. Didn't want to break his joy thus I agreed to do the test even though I was super scared about the outcome.

There I was heading to the bathroom with the kit on my hand. Soon I was done. Five minutes that's all it takes to find out if I was pregnant or not.

"What if it turns out positive?" I asked.

"Then I'd be the happiest man in the world. I mean it has been my one and only dream to start a family with you.." He stated.

His eyes spoke more for themselves. They glowed too indicating how happy he'd be if it turned out positive.

"What if it's just food poisoning and not..."

He shushed me up with his finger against my lips. This he had a slight hint of anger on his eyes. He slightly shook his head.

Turning a deaf ear,i just had to ask. "What if Jake?"

He looked at me with his furrowed brows.

"Feels like you don't want to start a family with me." He questioned.

"It's not... What I mean is..."

"Give me the damn kit."

Although he requested in a calm state that felt as if it was an order. Slowly I stretched my hand and gave it to him. His expression said so what was on the test kit. He sighed loudly in disappointment.

"Bet you must be glad it turned out just the way you wanted." and with that he dropped the kit on the bed and marched out without looking at me.

I tried calling him but he gave me a cold shoulder. That hurt like hell. Knowing what I had done to get the negative result, I felt more guilty and disgusted at myself than ever.

"Anny, what have you done." My mind questioned me.

What I had done was way crueler than I imagined. Thought I might take the easy way out but I turns out I only took a spiky way. Couple of days and still Jake was still giving me a cold shoulder. He said he was more disappointed than angry.

On the other hand my symptoms caught up with me really fast. Couple of times, I googled about my situation but it didn't help. It was barely a month and two weeks, morning sickness, nausea, vomiting and weight gain. I had no way of keeping it a secret anymore.

It was on a Tuesday when I decided to tell Jake the truth. That was after a serious conversation I had with myself. I gathered all the courage I had in me. This time I decided to text him since he had been playing hard to get.

"I am pregnant." I texted.

The fact that I assumed he was going to text back drop dead on me when he didn't. My conscience hurt like hell when he kept my message on the read mode. I thought he'd be happy knowing that this is what he wanted all along.

I waited and bet me I waited for his text or call to some extent. He never called. He never texted. The night was still young and the breeze so great but somehow my heart felt so hollow. Even though being at the balcony was my favorite place especially at night. What brought me closer to hope was the motherly sensation I had of being pregnant.