Chapter 47

MAX POV

"Aren't you tired?" My associates asked me.

It has been three hours and I still had Tasha in my arms.

" Not yet. "I answered him.

I was happy to be holding my Child in my arms. It was already night time when the party was over. Tasha was already asleep. Anny was too tired and had laid on my shoulder for support. Several times I could have sworn Luther eyed me.

" Anny time to go." I woke her up.

"Shit." she cursed when she was already awake.

Tasha kind of stretched in my arms before she started crying. I gently stroke her back to sleep. Anny must have scared her when she cursed loud enough to wake her.

"Sorry." she quickly apologized.

I called Madison to take Tasha since we were yet to sign the proposal with Luther. The gathering took ages to be adjourned. My little one and her mother were already tired. Seeing her sleep so peaceful, was enough to convince me that I had no right to wake her up.

Everyone who saw me being all this caring was astonished. This two women in my life had changed me completely. I used to be a ruthless guy feared by everyone.

"Are you sober enough?" I asked her once she was awake.

"I think so." she answered while hiding her sleepy face from the crowd with my shoulder.

"Take your time." I spoke while gently stroking her hair.

Few minutes later she was fully awake. It was time for serious business. Luther is purely a business man. Not being a member of any gang gained him so many associates and close friends too.

"Little fox. I never got the chance to see your child." Luther complained.

"Don't worry we still have time." I heard her speak.

We all got to business. Luther took us to the private section where his associates were. We were down to business. The meeting was a success. Luther ensured we did not have any troubles with his business associates in the name of Anny who had helped him couple of times with taking over the business from his dad.

"Can't wait to do business with you." Luther spoke joyful while shaking my hand.

I headed on to get acquainted with the rest of the business guys while Anny spent her leisure time catching up with Luther. Time went by and we decided to go home.

"Can I crash at your place?"Luther asked me.

" Why not! "

I gave him the address. Later Anny and I boarded our car as I drove off. Lukah had to taken Madison and the baby earlier. In the car we were silent I kept thinking about our future lives once we get married. I would not say am so thrilled to get married but it seemed like the right thing to do.

It's not that I don't love her,but my priority now was to take care of my loved ones. Only by getting married to her can I control the Shadow Gang and my Lucious Gang.

Earlier Luther had questioned me about it. I hid the fact that I was only using the marriage thing to gain power. He could have guessed my intentions but I made him believe that I loved Anny and I wanted to marry her. He had his doubts yet I could have found a way to clear his doubts.

Having him in my home wasn't a good thing but it was better to keep an influence closer. If he breathed a word of my intentions then I'd have to make him disappear.

"You are so quiet." I heard her speak in a low voice.

I gently caressed her thigh. Our love language had become touches. This assures one that they are okay. She eased up a bit at my touches.