Chapter 55

JAKE

I left her on her own rather scared than angry. She had already made her mind decided to break us up. My heart ached so much that I couldn't take another look on her. It was for the best. If it could have been somebody else saying no to me I'd kill them immediately. But her she was my one and only.

So much I detested how close she was with other men. I was jealous every time I saw her happy with Nick knowing very well we would never that happy together. It was fantasy in my head thinking of every possible way she'd agree to marrying me.

Even when I got the birth control out of her system, I still hoped we'd one day be a family. My dreams were shuttered when she said she was done. Yah I have had several occasions where I thought about her saying it's over but this was way soon.

I joined the rest of my gang members as they enjoyed the night. My mind was blurry when I got to think of a way out of the situation. She was no longer mine. I had to inform everyone she wasn't mine. This was the day I had chose to introduce her to everyone as my woman but things turned out so bad.

My entire life I have never felt this low. The moment I met her something in me build up. Everything in me aligned together with the same agenda. She was worth it. Now I have no idea what I was supposed to do. Pretend she never existed. Yah! That could be a plan but how? My mind body and soul yearned for her.

"Jake, where is she?" Nick asked while dragging me away from the government crowd.

"I left her in my office." I spoke lightheaded since i had drained myself more than enough.

"Are you drank?" He asked me shocked.

I've always kept a clear mind when I such occasions.

Well this one was different. I never knew a heartbreak could be this damn painful.
Nick took me to a nearby seat away from everyone else. A sip of water made me so sick yet I had to pretend to be cool.

"Can you manage on your own?" He asked.

I was a little tipsy yet being tipsy couldn't get me on edge. I still had the courage to face my gang and address them as their Ace. What lacked was a woman by my side. Not just any woman, Anny was the one.

"Ace where is she. I heard you got yourself a catch. She is an ace too." that was the question most of them asked.

Walking out on them was all I could do. What was I supposed to do when the woman I love quits on me. This was so painful at the same time I hated myself for falling for her at first sight.

" Jake. "I heard her voice behind me.

Turning to the opposite direction, there she was. The amazing face and most gorgeous one in my eyes.

" We should probably head home. "she stated.

I agreed without objection. She helped me back to the car where the chauffeur was on standby waiting for us.

" Why did you come back?"i asked her in a low tone.

Her hair was so soft that I toyed with it while waiting for her to answer. She didn't utter a word even after I talked too much to her. She held me closer and gentle too.

" Did you sign the papers? Now you are a free woman. Bet you are happy." I spoke sluggishly not minding my words.

"I didn't." she stated.

For some reason I was happy hearing that from her. I relaxed under her embrace as I shut my eyes.

"Why?" I asked before falling into slumber land.