Chapter 9

There I was rushing to her room with the hope that she might be awake. On her doorstep i took a deep breathe before finally making my mind about knocking. To my surprise it wasn't locked. I peeped in only to see her small frame body laid in bed.

Few seconds I debated on whether to enter or not. I found myself checking left and right before entering her room and shutting the door behind me. I have never been this way but what was driving me to do so was dangerous cause I couldn't control the burning sensation in me.

I stood close to where she was sleeping. Couple of minutes I watched her breath while sleeping soundly like a little baby. Free of any worries. I don't remember the last day I slept like her.

Slowly she turned. Bet she felt my presence since she opened her eyes. My heart started racing. I knew I had blown my cover. If I run away it would alert her but if I patted her gently I bet she'd go to sleep and think it was a dream.

Her sleepy eyes was way sexier than I thought. Gently I patted her and stroked her hair to get her back to sleep. Didn't think it would work but it did. When I was about to leave she held my hand, her eyes shut still.

"Don't go." she pleaded with her sleepy voice.

I was so messed up. Then a bad idea got in my head and I liked it. Taking my phone out i snapped her a picture while sleeping.

"Shhh!" I gently stroke her hair till I was sure she was asleep.

"Promise me that you won't be on Mr Bernard's good side." I whispered.

"I..pro...mise." she struggled to speak.

Then she went silent. For a second there I felt like kissing her but I refrained myself. I have done worse but for her I want to be the best she sees.

I quickly walked out of her room before anyone saw me. Unfortunately I bummed into Lukah on my way up to my floor. He looked at me confused.

"Don't... " I started.

"Well... Well... I didn't know you had a room down here." he cut me in.

"If you like your job... shut it!" I warned before going up the stairs to the third storey that has only one room and that's mine.

End of pov

* * * * * *

"Wake up you lazy ass. What time did you get back?" she asked while drawing the curtains.

I struggled to open my eyes. The sun rays shot in my room like dangerous spike ready to kill. The room was illuminated in every corner.

What felt like a dream seemed so real. I couldn't accept any. The dream about my boss or the reality that he was here. Being unsure I kept It to myself.

"Hey you look dead." Gab commented.

"Seriously how do I look dead?"i shot her a death glare.

" Fine hurry and wash up. Plus... "she came running to me and hugged me tightly.

" Thank you. "she whispered.

I hugged her back. Couple of minutes and I could be a goner. She was squeezing me so much.

" Gabby one more squeeze and am done with you. "I warned.

It's usually best to keep my mouth shut with her around cause she will do the opposite. That's what she did. I was squeezed till I could take it.

" Gabby. "

I pulled her away from me grabbing a pillow and started hitting her. She followed suit and we began toying around.