Chapter 7

"Took you long enough to get back."

I nearly dropped dead when I heard the voice as soon as I locked the door. Switching on the lights, there she was. On the couch with a blanket covering her entire body.

"Shit!" I cursed. "Seriously Gab I almost died."

"Get a life bitch."

Using that type of language to address things was her specialty too. It's like a second hobby.

"Do you get paid to talk shit?" I asked making my way to a nearby seat.

She popped her head out of the blanket and gave me a slight nod, eyes still shut. Felt like beating the hell out of her. Instead I sat back peacefully trying to get my heels off my toes. Having such a species like her in your home, nothing could ever be stressful than looking after them. Anyway I perfectly understand her character.

"Come on let's get you to bed." I spoke while pulling away the blanket.

We walked to our room. Immediately she tucked herself in bed while I on the other hand went to take a hot shower. Soon I was cozy in my bed relaxing myself after a long day.

* * * * * * *

It has been days since I got to hear again from my boss. I've been going to the mansion daily for cleanup and to ensure everything is going well. Most times I tend to play board games with Lukah when he's not busy.

Lukah and Gabby have been close off late. Guess the two are finally romantic attracted to each other. I on the other hand, has to watch the two love birds messing around all the time.

"Check mate." I heard Gabby shout.

She jumped with joy. Chess is one of the favorite games I love but this time my mind had wondered so far.

"Anny focus." Lukah spoke while setting up for a new game.

Suddenly his phone rang. His expression changed suddenly. Not to a bad one but rather a confused one. He received the call.

"Yes... Okay...Here but... I understand."and with that he ended the call

We both looked at him waiting to hear what he has to say.

" Well.. Sorry ladies but we have to get back to work. Anny you have been chosen to work at the upcoming party as an attendant. Triple the pay since it's not the deal you signed for. So are you game?" he asked.

Gabby looked at me for a second before she opened up that mouth of hers to agree. That moment I wanted so bad to cut her tongue. Maybe that will shut her up. I didn't like the sound of it but I perfectly knew why Gabby was in a hurry to say yes. Off late she has been pestered so much about the debt. I was her only hope of getting the money.

"Okay I'll do it. Gab this is for you." I agreed.

"Good get ready then."

"What! When? And where?" I asked confused.

Thought it was something like two, three days or maybe a week. I just myself into a more serious trouble. Next time I am saying no to anything that is not what I signed for.

"Relax you are a smart one. By the way it's tonight."

"Tonight! " I was shocked.

"Don't worry I have everything under control." he assured me.

We both got ready to go. I was supposed to wear a red dress. I hate red. I looked like a crazy woman. I had no power to complain about it at the last minute.

I said goodbye to Gabby since she couldn't come with us. Yap I hated the idea but I knew she would be safe here.

Off we drove. I had no idea where we were going. What I know is that I was too nervous, I don't know why but I was.