Chapter 60

JAKE

Nick had already gave me a headstart about what she was planning to do. That night I felt bad seeing her eyes all teary. I had no idea why she would come to my crib unannounced. I didn't know what to do when she saw Lily dressed up like that.

She was about to walk out on me when I called her. Thinking I had a chance to explain myself, she just stated we should meet up on Monday. I was so scared that she'd want to break it off. Whatever we had that's why the following day I texted her I won't be available.

Two days down the line I have been preparing myself for the meeting. Nick already took me to pace about the progress she had made. All she needed was my partnership. Thus seemed like a good deal. I had gotten the chance to keep her as well as merge our gangs in a business agreement.

I was super excited to see her. This time I wasn't letting her off my hook. That was my resolution in dealing with her. The night was perfect. When I laid my eyes on her, everything in me came crumbling down. All I wanted to do was be with her.

At least here I'd get a chance to mess with her. I know she wouldn't say no. All we needed to do is play as acquaintances. What I knew is that I wasn't playing. That's how I felt about her. Walking down while greeting everyone, my hand never left her waist.Bet she got used to that since it didn't bother her.

She sat besides me the whole time. Yah! Several times she swore to kill me if I don't quit looking at her. Her beauty blinded me. What I didn't understand was why she was making it this hard for me to be with her. Does this mean I have to initiate everything then set a trap for her to fall into? Seemed like a bad idea but I was up for anything to make her fall for me.

The night went pretty well. I lost her when she went to get acquainted with everyone else. She was a role model to most. An Ace who is beautiful sexy and attractive too. I was really jealous seeing her happy with everyone else except me.Getting her at the farthest end. She watched the night from the balcony.

Everything in me urged me to go be with her. I gave in to it. She looked happy to see me. At least that's how I saw it. I really wanted to talk to her but when she said it doesn't matter broke my heart. It sure did fucking matter. Whatever she thought happened between me and Lily, well it didn't.

That day I went on kicking Lily out. Because of her coming, I did not dare face her. Maybe she got those silly thoughts and decided to call it off. I was scared what if... This was way harder than I thought. Except for this meeting I chose to forget about everything and be with her. It's like the universe had given us another chance and I wasn't letting it go.

It was a time for me to show her how much I cared. This I took advantage of it when I saw her and Nick having some kind of trouble. There I was walking in their direction with a shawl at hand. I wanted everyone to see how much I care for this girl.

"Not white am alive." this time I was dead serious and meant what I said.

This old grandpa was being disrespectful to my woman and he needed to be taught a good lesson. I signaled and few of my men and they came rushing to me.