Chapter 18: Seminar

In summer vacation, I managed to convince my parents that I would be joining a seminar for a one week book club program at our school's library. It's to get rid of my summer boredom and fill my week with books or listening or doing activities in the seminar.

Tomorrow was going to be the third day of the seminar. So, I just decided to pop out my laptop and go on facebook after I finished dinner.

On facebook, someone decided to chat with me... Chris...

Yeah, we're friends on facebook.

Chris: Hey Jade! :D

Jade: Hey

Chris: You wanna make a manga together?

Jade: Sure. Why not?

Chris: I have some friends that are working in an amateur manga company

I don't believe him... -_-

Chris: I'm making my own manga. :3

Jade: Copy cat

Chris: No I'm not :'(

Jade: :P

Chris: But... I wanna show you my manga :D

Jade: I'd like to see myself

Chris: Great! You free tomorrow?

Jade: Well, I have a whole day seminar tomorrow...

Chris: Perfect! Where is it?

Jade: At our school's library

Chris: Awesome! I'll be by the waiting area tomorrow. See ya there! ;)

Then he logged out.

Geez this guy. I don't believe he'll come though. I don't believe he even draws! I only know he likes to cause trouble...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next day...

Me and another one of my seminar buddies, Flora, were assigned to bring books to the school building across from our library. While walking, someone called out to me from afar.

When I glanced to who it was, I was shocked to actually see Chris at the waiting area! He was waving at me and smiling.

I mouthed him an 'after we finish' and he just gave me a thumbs up.

Flora giggled and asked me, "Is he your boyfriend?"

"What?! Absolutely not!"

"Then why is he waiting for you?" she gave me a sly smile.

"Because he's gonna show me his drawings."

She just laughed at me. I think she doesn't believe me...

After the seminar, we just had lunch at the waiting area and then looked at his drawings.

One of my other seminar buddies, Fiona, came to spend time with me. But me and Chris were drawing anime characters at the time.

"Whoah! You guys are awesome!" she exclaimed.

"Nah... I wouldn't say it's that awesome." I said.

"But what you drew was so cute, Jade!" proclaimed Chris.

I tried to disagree but the both of them told me otherwise.

A while later, two of my other classmates, Janette and Adelle, joined in with us too.