Chapter 81: First Kiss

[Chris' P.O.V.]

I get out of the bathroom wearing my sweatpants and plain T and head on to my room to check on Jade. I wonder if she's bored and is staring at random things in my room now?

I then open my door and voice out to ask Jade, "Hey Jade? What do you-- HEY!!!"

She jumps from my scream as she turns to me, "Oh... What is it Chris?" she asks me gently.

Jade was standing in front of my bookshelf while scanning through the pages of my high school yearbook.

"Didn't I tell you not to go through my stuff?!!" I yell as I try to grab the book from her, but she dodges me, not wanting to give me the book.

"But, I want to see your pictures and how your school looks like!"

"Why need pictures when I'm in front of you now? And a school is still a school!"

"B-But... A yearbook has special and fun pictures in it. I want to see how you look in them!" she begged with her puppy dog eyes.

God! It's that face that gets me every time!

I feel my cheeks getting warmer and I stop in what I am doing. I back away from her and cross my arms in front of my chest, "Fine... Do what you like."

"Yay~!" she claps, "Thank you Chris."

"Whatever..." I mumble. Jade then motions to sit on a chair while I go for my bed.

After going through a bunch of pages, Jade suddenly giggles. I then turn to her to ask what's up with her, and she lifted the book up to show a picture of me. It was my individual picture wearing a suit and tie, and Jade giggled again while pointing at it, "It because I've seen this picture on facebook. And the first time I saw it, I was like 'Wow. Chris really is handsome, isn't he?'"

My heart actually skipped a beat. But I had to keep up my act, "Of course I am! Many girls have swooned over because of these devilish looks."

"As vain as always... Aren't we Chris?"

"Hey! It is true, is it not?"

"Yes, yes. You are handsome Chris. You're also gentle, but you don't show it and act all cool. You're also honest, but then try to take back your words and bluff. Even though others may not see it, I've already read you like a book..."

What? ...

"Anyways... I've already looked at all the pictures and they were so nice~! I'll be returning your book to it's rightful place now." she stood up and walked to the shelf to return my book and walked up to the window. "Aw poo! It's still raining..."

I don't know what's come over me. But I walk towards Jade and hug her from behind. She twitches from my sudden action and asks, "Chris? Is everything alright?"

Her voice sounds worried, but very gentle. "I'm sorry Jade... I'm sorry for not being true to you..."

She takes my hands away, only to face me. "What are you blabbering about now?" she tries to smile.

"I've been a real flirt and I've hidden my true feelings for you back then..."

"Back then?"

"Well, high school... I've teased you a lot, but that was my way of showing I cared. And when you confessed to me online, I wanted to make you mine. But I was too much of a coward to do so."

"You? A coward? I can hardly imagine that!" she scoffs.

"It's true! You wouldn't even let me kiss you back then either." I pout at her and she blushes, making me want to tease her more.