Sixteen

4k reads🥺

Taehyung's pov:

"but most importantly, i love you"

"y-you love me?" I ask, eyes widening and chest opening, no longer feeling quite as tight.

"of course, I love you baby." Jungkook admitted, fingers carding through my hair and travelling to run up and down my back.

I didn't know what to say. Telling someone that you love them is big. It's a promise that you'll stay with them through everything. Through the hard times and through the good. To acknowledge that you'll cherish their flaws and things they'd usually hide from the world. A promise to love them for their whole being.

I felt like crying.

Jungkook loves me.

How.. that's not possible. There's nothing to love about me. Nothing about me was worth the action of loving.

"J-jungkook i-" I just gently shook my head, feeling a single pathetic tear fall from my eye.

"you don't have to say it back bun, I just want you to know how I feel about you" He murmurs, leaning down to kiss the tear away but that's not what I meant.

I wasn't shaking my head to say I couldn't say it back. Of course I want to. I love Jungkook. I think i've been in love with him for awhile now which I know is silly. But he can't possible love me. I come with too much emotional baggage. It's too much to constantly put all of my pressures and insecurities on his shoulders for him to bare instead of me.

"Jungkook.. you don't mean that" I whisper, turning my head to the side, allowing our lips to ghost each others.

"Kim Taehyung, I love you" he just repeated, setting the saying in stone.

"i love you, i love you, i love you" he whispered, a grin forming on his lips.

I squeezed my eyes shut and more tears fell, I continued to shake my head but Jungkook just connected our lips. Such a sweet and gentle kiss. One that told me to shut up and let him love me.

And maybe I can be a little selfish..

I moved my head and kissed him back, letting our lips lock in perfect sync and it's the first time we've done this sort of kissing. I could feel my cheeks start to heat up and the embarrassment slowly start to set in. Was I doing this right? Is this how you kiss?

Apparently so as Jungkook took control and guided our lips, deepening the kiss for a few more seconds before letting his hands come down to hold my waist protectively. He leant away, allowing me to catch my breath that I didn't know I desperately needed.

I quietly gasped for air, cheeks flushed red and face feeling hot. I bit my bottom lip and looked down, trying to conceal my smile. And maybe a small squeal..

Bunny was still sat on my lap, looking up at me and I just giggled quietly, hiding my face into Jungkook's chest and feeling slightly embarrassed and flustered.

"now why is my baby laughing for?" I heard Jungkook coo, a smile on his lips as he wrapped his arms around my back.

"just because" I mumbled, tracing my finger down Jungkook's shoulder and arm, feeling the soft fabric beneath my skin.

I kept my chin pressed to his chest as I looked up, eyes locking his beautiful ones that seemed to be already staring down at me.

"I love you too"

-

Jungkook's pov:

"sweetheart calm down" I try, watching as Taehyung paces back and forth, gnawing anxiously at his finger nail.