Twenty three

Taehyung's pov:

I awaken the following morning to muscular arms wrapped around me. They're warm and securing, protecting me from the sunlight that's trying to creep in through the closed curtains.

The room is dark and yet so incredibly peaceful. The only sounds were of Jungkook's breathing filling my ears, as his chest rose and fell in his sleep.

The thought of slipping briefly crossed my mind. With how quiet and safe it all feels, with how relaxed I feel. But I quickly discouraged the idea.

I let my eyes focus on my surroundings, feeling Jungkook's warm body swaddled around my own. The clock on the bedside table silently blinked 7:52am. And I wondered why Jungkook wasn't awake. Why he wasn't getting ready and leaving for work.

Did he over sleep?

As much as I wanted to stay in this position, loving the feeling of being held. I didn't want Jungkook to be late.

"kook" I whisper, hand finding his bicep and I shake it a little, but get no response. Sleep still clawing at my eyelids.

"kookie" I whisper once again, voice getting a bit louder. Still incredibly croaky and sore from all the crying I did last night.

"Hm?" he mumbles, arms tightening around me for a second before he relaxes once again, and I feel his nose nuzzling in my hair.

"work?" I simply question. Not having it in me to ask properly.

"not going in today, my love" His voice is husky and full of sleep. But I find my cheeks reddening at the low octave of it.

"why?"

Jungkook simply rolls over, taking my body with him so i'm completely laying on top of him. I can hear his heart beat pumping away beneath my ear, and the rhythm is soothing for my anxiety.

I get distracted briefly from my question. Not realising I didn't get an answer as he pulls the duvet back over us, smothering our bodies in a cocoon of warmth and I keen. Subconsciously smiling.

Sleep begins to enter my system once again. The pleasant tranquility takes over my mind and just as i'm about to fall back into unconsciousness, the grumble of Jungkook's chest rumbles beneath me.

"because you need me more." Is all he says.

And this has me waking back up.

"what?" I ask, voice hushed as I sit up to straddle his stomach. The sudden move makes me a bit dizzy and so I still myself for a second.

"why would you do that?"

I watch as Jungkook peels his eyes open, clearly happy and content with the idea of going back to sleep.

"why would I do what baby?"

"stay home.." The sudden feeling of guilt overcomes me and I want to drag his body out of bed and push him out of the front door.

He's in charge of the art exhibition. He can't stay here. He'll be needed for meetings and for schedules and to look over other students work. He needs to be at college. Not at home.