7. CALM BEFORE THE STORM

Calm Before The Storm

The next day for the first time, Han didn't ignore Nabi when she came into the dance room. Instead, he looked away from talking to Changbin and actually smiled at her. Of course, Nabi jumped at the chance to smile back at him. And from across the room with Minho, Chan smiled proudly at the interaction between the two members.

Everyone was finally on the same page. It was great.

"Okay, everyone!" Chan called out. "Let's line up and get started."

Hums and nods of agreement flowed through the room as everyone took their rightful places. Nabi was in the middle with Chan beside her as Changbin, Seungmin, Jeongin, and Han stood behind them with Felix, Minho, and Hyunjin all in front of them.

The music flooded into the dance room and for once everyone's body movements matched one another's. No one was ahead of time or behind on time. They were perfectly in sync. Seungmin and Nabi did the most as vocalists while Changbin, Hyunjin, and Han took turns in rapping. Felix's deep voice came in handy to add depth to the song and then Minho, Chan, and Jeongin focused mostly on the dance before now and again vocalizing with the rest of the group or on their own.

This was the first time in all of these months that Chan was fully satisfied once practice was over. He couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear and overexaggerating his compliments. He was just too happy and very confident that they actually stood a chance at winning the showcase.

Before everyone went home they talked for a while about the choreography and the different style each of them was trying to bring to the dance. Nabi was surprised when Hyunjin and Han agreed on everything and then what surprised her, even more, was when Han slung an arm around her shoulders.

He hung off of her like they'd been best friends for years. Like this was something normal for them. Like they did this every day and Nabi didn't mind.