28. QUICK VISIT

Quick Visit

Nabi was in her shared room in the dorm. She was busy making sure she had everything she needed before they left in two days' time. It was going to be their first tour to Japan and their first tour ever as Stray Kids. Everyone was either nervous or excited. Nabi was both as she zipped up her suitcase and pushed it to stand beside Minho and Seungmin's own luggage by the door.

Her phone started to buzz in her hoodie's pocket and she grabbed it before answering it and placing it at her ear. She checked the caller ID first and it was her mother.

(Eomma = Mother/Mom)

"Eomma, how are you? I miss you!"

"Hello baby, I miss you too. Eomma's fine, what about you?"

Nabi smiled at hearing her mother's voice.

"I'm fine too. Eomma did you send what I asked? We're leaving in two days, I don't have time to--"

"I did," her mother cut her off. "It should've already arrived at your brother's dorm."

Nabi made a face of frustration and when she spoke she was whining cutely.

"Eomma, why does JK have it? Why didn't you just send it to my dorm?"

"Don't you think you need to stop by and visit your brother before you leave for your big tour? You know how attached he is to you. At the same time, you can go and pick up your things. It's a win-win for the both of you," her mother said simply.

"It's not a big tour," Nabi mumbled sulkily. "Fine, I'll go to oppa. I'll have to leave now though because tomorrow we still have a few things to sort out before we can leave."

"Alright. I love you, baby."

"Love you too, Eomma," Nabi said as she hung up the call and tucked her phone back into her hoodie's pocket.

She stepped out into the small hallway and bumped into Minho who was going back to their room with a packet of snacks in his hand.

"Oppa, do you know where Chan oppa is?" Nabi asked.

Minho glanced somewhere behind him. "He was in the living room, I think. Is something wrong?"

"No," Nabi said and shook her head.

"Open," Minho instructed.

Nabi opened her mouth and he fed her a cookie. She smiled at him before skipping off into the living room. Minho was just like that. He was sarcastic and a complete tsundere most of the time but then suddenly he was caring out of nowhere. And he always shared his food with the other members whether they asked for it or not. Everyone was already so used to Minho feeding them like some mother bird that it was crazy.

Just like Minho said, Nabi found Chan in the living room. He was crouching down on the floor in front of the small coffee table they'd gotten only a few weeks ago. He was fixing and editing music tracks. Nabi loved their leader's strong sense of responsibility and his workaholic nature but sometimes he was just too much. He never took a break and always worked hours on end. It really worried her. It actually worried all of the members who all tried to subtly take care of Chan in their own way.

"Channie oppa," Nabi called his name and knelt down beside him.

"Hm," Chan hummed telling her that he was listening.

"I need to pick something up from my brother before we leave for our tour. Can I?" Nabi asked.

Chan stopped working and looked to the side at her.