19. (SPOT KIDS BLACK) #5

Gifts For The New Year

It was a new year and everyone had bought gifts for one another, but the staff had told them to put them in a pile in the living room. From there they had to play rock, paper, scissors to see who was going to get whose gift. It was like Secret Santa only more chaotic.

Nabi watched from the couch as the boys all fought one another to see who was going to be the first one to pick a gift. Usually, she would be competing with them because she's very competitive but this wasn't something she really needed to compete over. Nabi didn't mind coming in last to pick a gift.

In the end, Changbin came in first and Hyunjin lost. Changbin hugged Minho and Felix in victory as Hyunjin sulked unhappily. Nabi stood up on the couch and wrapped her arms around Hyunjin from behind in comfort. He carried on pouting but played with Nabi's hands as Changbin went to pick up the first gift.

A few minutes later, after everyone picked out a gift for themselves they sat down again and got ready to open them.

"Let's start with me," Hyunjin said as he opened up the small blue bag in his hands. "Oh, it's not mine," he said as he pulled out a book.

Miracle at 5 am (the book's name)

"It's mine," Seungmin said as he stood up with a smile on his face and Hyunjin quickly high-fived him.

"I want to read a book, too," Minho said.

Hyunjin held the book up and read the cover over. "A life-changing strength that will wake you up in the morning," he glanced up at Seungmin. "I really needed this," he said seriously.

Seungmin was the next one to open his gift. It was a small box and it confused him. "What is it?" he asked.

"It's a phone stand," Hyunjin explained.

"It's convenient," Changbin commented.

"It's good, I like it," Seungmin shyly smiled.

Chan was opening his gift up next and it felt a bit heavy. "Is it a rock?" Minho asked.

"I think it's a book," Nabi said as Chan pulled out a thick purple-covered book.

Felix was the next one to open his gift. "It looks like my gift," Changbin said as Felix took out a brown paper bag. "It's good for your health," Changbin explained. Felix pulled out a bottle of clear liquid, probably a moisturizer or a vitamin, and Han stood up to high-five him.

"I'm sharing a room with Felix!"

"Yay, I'm sharing the same room!" Jeongin cheered.

Felix then cuddled up to Changbin as a thank you. He had his arms fitted around Changbin's arm as Changbin carried on talking to everyone. "Okay, my turn!" he announced and grabbed the gift sitting in his lap. He pulled the bag open and took out the object inside. "Neck pillow?" he asked but it had a strap attached to it so Changbin put it over his arm like a handbag. "What is it?"

"When we have schedules and we're done with hair and makeup... " Chan started to explain, but everyone interrupted him.

"Isn't it a neck pillow?" Hyunjin asked.

"Ah!" Changbin said as he tried to put the thing over his head but it wouldn't fix.

"No, you put it in the car... " Chan tried again.

"Oh, you put it over the headrest," Changbin finally understood. "Ah, thank you," he said and high-fived Chan.

"It's so soft," Jeongin commented.