21. GETTING FACE-TIMED

Getting Face-Timed

It'd probably been about three days after their amusement park adventure for the 9th. Nabi was lying on her bed with her phone in her hands above her head. She was going between texting Jisoo and texting Yeji. Her members were all over the dorm. Chan, Hyunjin, Minho, and Changbin were somewhere in the living room while Han and Jeongin were hanging out in Nabi and Minho's room. And Seungmin was busy with a snack in their small kitchen.

"Don't you two have homework?" Han asked.

"Come on, hyung! Give us a break," Jeongin whined.

"Yeah, oppa. We've been at school the whole day and just come home from dance practice," Nabi agreed with a pout.

Han shook his head at the two with a chuckle. "Whatever, don't come crying to me when Channie hyung comes in here to scold you."

Jeongin stuck his tongue out at Han and Nabi giggled.

"Yah, I'm older than you! Is this how you respect your hyung?"

"Yes," Jeongin chuckled.

While Han and Jeongin bickered back and forth with one another and Han through a pillow at Jeongin's face, Nabi got a video call. She looked at the caller ID and smiled before answering it.

"Oppa!" Nabi grinned and waved at her screen.

Jungkook's face appeared and he smiled back at his little sister. "Nabi-yah! How are you? I've been missing you."

"I'm fine, I miss you too."

"Jimin hyung and I just watched your latest The 9th episode. You guys went to an amusement park, did you have fun?" Jungkook asked genuinely curious.

Nabi's smile faded a bit like she'd just been caught red-handed. "Huh? Oh, yeah it was... it was fun," she hesitantly nodded.

But Jungkook didn't scold her like she thought he would. He didn't even look the tiniest bit mad or jealous. It confused her so she just had to ask. She always wanted to know what her brother was thinking, she hated it when they weren't on the same page with one another regarding each other's feelings.

"Oppa... you're not mad?" Nabi asked.

"Mad?" Jungkook's face gained a frown to it. "Why would I be mad? Wait, you didn't skip school for the amusement park, did you?"

"Of course not," Nabi shook her head. "It was on a Saturday. But JK I meant aren't you mad that I went on all those rides but when you took me the last time... I--"

Jungkook could easily tell what his sister was thinking and his frown instantly disappeared. "Nabi-yah, you're overthinking again. Stop it! When I took you to that amusement park last time you were thirteen. You have a fear of heights it's normal you didn't want to go on any back then. How old are you now?" Jungkook asked her.

"Sixteen turning seventeen soon," Nabi replied.

"Exactly, you're growing up. I'm glad you're starting to brave your fears instead of ignoring them. Of course, I'm not gonna be mad," Jungkook stated with a fond smile. "Just don't date! Then I will be mad," he warmed her.

"I already know that oppa," Nabi laughed at him.

"Good," Jungkook nodded. "Besides, when it comes to the idol life you're going to be facing a lot more things with your members than you're ever going to face with anyone else. It's good that you're trusting them with things like this early on."

Nabi sent Jungkook finger hearts. "You're the best big brother!"

"I know I am," he confidently said.

Nabi rolled her eyes.

When she got off the phone with Jungkook a little while later, Han and Jeongin were staring at her. She froze for a second before frowning at them.

"What's wrong with you two? You know Jungkook-ah phones me a lot to check up on me. What's with the faces?" Nabi asked.

"You seriously thought he was gonna be mad at you?" Jeongin shook his head in disbelief before laughing at her.

"Such a kid still," Han laughed and reached a hand out to ruffle Nabi's hair.

"Stop it!" she whined and quickly tried to fix the mess he made.

The bedroom door opened and Chan stood there in the doorway. "Okay, kids. You've had your break it's homework time now," he told them.

Han gave the two maknaes an 'I told you so' look before refocusing back on his phone again.

"Yes, Appa," Nabi teased their leader.

"We're coming, Appa," Jeongin said playing along with her.

Chan hung his head down with an exasperated smile on his face. Though he had to admit he was starting to sound a lot like a dad lately. He woke the kids up for school, dropped them off at their two separate schools, made sure they got picked up, made sure they did their homework and didn't overexert themselves at dance practices, and then made sure they went to bed at a rather early hour so they got enough sleep for the next day.

Yep, it was official Chan had become the dad of Stray Kids.

He sighed but smiled as he watched Nabi and Jeongin race each other out of the room and into the living room where Seungmin, Hyunjin, and Changbin were currently busy with their own homework.