63. LATE BIRTHDAY WITH BLACKPINK

Snatched Out Of The Dorm

They got back to their dorm late last night, Chan went straight to bed and so did Seungmin and Han but Felix, Hyunjin, and Nabi stayed up. Han secluded himself in his and Jeongin's room because suddenly lyrics for a new song came to him. Jeongin slept on the couch in the living room, sometimes talking to the ones awake and the rest of the time sleeping. Minho went to the convenience store to buy them food for breakfast around 2 am in the morning so the other members didn't have to. Changbin went with him to keep him company.

Nabi was sitting at the table in the kitchen. It was already 1 pm in the afternoon, she had school this week but was procrastinating when it came to catching up on her assignments and homework. Jeongin wasn't much better.

"Taste this," Minho said and Nabi darted her eyes downward to see a spoon an inch away from her mouth. She was surprised but did as she was told. Her eyes widened at the delicious taste and she smiled with a hum of approval. She tried to take the spoon from Minho but he turned around and went back to the stove.

"Yah," Nabi whined at him.

"Good or not?" Minho asked, stirring the sauce.

"Good! Very good! Give me some more," Nabi said, standing up and going to stand behind him.

"It's not cooked yet."

"But you just fed it to me."

"I know," Minho laughed, glancing back at her with his usual playful and menacing look. Nabi rolled her eyes and quickly snatched the spoon away from him. He tried to grab her but she ran into the living room. "Yah! Koala!" he shouted but she giggled and sat down beside Jeongin on the floor in front of the couch.

"Only you would steal from Minho hyung," Jeongin remarked.

"You do too," Nabi said.

Jeongin shrugged, completely agreeing. "Though if Hyunjin hyung tried to do that he'd be... "

"Not here anymore. Cat food for Lee Know oppa's babies," Nabi finished for her best friend, who simply nodded. Nabi licked the spoon in her hand clean before hearing a text chime on her phone. She pulled it out of her hoodie's pocket and clicked it on. Jeongin noticed and leaned over her shoulder to see what it was, after all, they were best friends with no secrets or sense of boundaries and privacy. "Jisoo unnie's coming to pick me up," Nabi said, sounding surprised.

"You better get ready then, you look terrible," Jeongin told her.

Nabi made a face at him before looking down at herself and reluctantly agreeing. When it came to dorm life and being surrounded by only her members, she never had to try or look her best. She could quite literally roll out of bed, drag herself out of her room, and fall flat in the living room and no one would blink an eye. Her hair could look like a bird's nest, she could be wearing cute sheep or ducky pajamas and the most her members would say is 'aw, our maknae's so cute!'.

But right now, Jisoo was coming to pick her up and take her out of her comfort space of not caring about looks and manners. Nabi definitely had to get herself together. Take a shower, wash her hair, find a decent outfit, brush her teeth, and put on a faint amount of make-up. At the very thought of doing all of that, Nabi groaned in annoyance before forcing herself to her feet. Jisoo was her best friend, of course, she was worth the extra effort even if the last thing Nabi felt like doing was leaving the dorm.

She disappeared into her shared room with Changbin and Felix to find an outfit in the suitcases she hadn't unpacked yet. Felix was sleeping soundly in the bottom bunk of his and Changbin's bed. Nabi made sure to be quiet before going into the bathroom and remembering to lock the door. Twenty minutes later she emerged looking like a somewhat alive person again, no more zombie image but somewhere between an idol and a tired teenager. She'd take what she could get honestly. It took another fifteen minutes to dry her hair and apply makeup, and by that time, Jisoo was at the front door of Stray Kids's dorm.