12.0 - Coraline

After the beach, we all decide to crash at my house tonight. The group has an interview in the morning so they'll be up early which will give me time to clean up the house after them.

I'm driving this time. Damiano in the passenger seat and Victoria laying across Thomas and Ethan in the back. It's almost 8 pm by now and we've spent nearly 5 hours at the beach. 

I've mostly tanned, read my book, and ruffled with them in the sand while they did the same but swam mostly. 

It's quiet in the car since we didn't put music on due to Victoria and Thomas sleeping. I glance at Damiano next to me as he's been writing something in his journal for the past 10 minutes of the drive. 

My apartment isn't extremely close to the beach so it takes us almost half an hour to reach it.

"What are you writing?" I ask quietly as Damiano hums in response, not lifting his head from the paper and continuing to write. 

His handwriting is so messy that I can't read it from my seat if I tried, and I probably shouldn't considering the fact I'm driving.

"Dami," I say as he looks up at me this time and just gives me a small smile...uh ok?

"I'll show you later when I'm done," he says and closes the book with a grin, 

"Is it a new song idea?" I ask as he shrugs annoyingly and I roll my eyes.

"Are we there yet?" Ethan asks from the backseat with a huff as he's frustrated from being crushed by 2 people napping on him.

"Yes sir" I reply as we pull into a parking spot across from my apartment. Ethan taps Thomas and Victoria awake as they both groan in an annoyed manner after their sleep has been disturbed.

We all walk into the apartment and I take the group's towels to the balcony to hang them up to dry.

"Buonasera mia signora," Ethan says walking onto the balcony with me and closing the sliding door behind him. 

"Ethanos" I greet as he rolls his eyes and starts helping me with the laundry, 

"Thank y-" I begin but get cut off by Ethan speaking,

"You like him," he says as my sentence gets caught up in my throat,

"What?" I question, trying to sound as less suspicious as possible.

"I see your face when you talk to him, and I can tell how much you value him to be in your life," he says as he hangs up Thomas's towel. 

I don't reply and continue hanging up the swimwear. 

"I think he likes you too," Ethan says as I can't help my head from snapping p to look at him. Ethan gives me the 'I knew it'  look before chuckling, 

"Hey don't mess with meeee" I whine, embarrassed,

"No, actually I think he might like you," Ethan says turning to me to pull a cigarette out of his pocket as I scrunch up my face and swap his hand away.

"I'm not sure" I sigh, leaning against the railing

"He writes songs about you. Damiano doesn't do that for everyone" he says as I chew on the inside of my cheek.