21.0 - Coraline Pt.2

small short teaser part ;)

"you're cute when you're angry" Damiano states, a grin forming on his face. My eyes widen as I stare at him, my jaw on the floor. 

"cute!? oh then you're in luck because I'm about the be gorgeous right now!" I yell out, holding the sides of the plastic canoe for dear life. 

Just some insight on how we got here. Damiano said he wanted to stop by the water sports shop on the beach to look at new surfing gear for him and Ethan. I got really tired so I decided to sit on one of the empty canoes while waiting for him, and in a matter of seconds Damiano jumped in behind me and the water sports manager pushed our canoe off of the dock and into the water.

So here we are, in the middle of the fucking ocean. 

Okay I'm exaggerating we're like 5 steps into the water but still. 

IN 

THE

WATER

"oh come on you'll be fine, you know I know how to canoe"

"I dont care?!! get me off!?!" I scream at him as he stays there nonchalantly.

"DAMIANO DAVID!" I yell even louder as he shrugs, canoeing even further into the ocean as my limbs are too frozen to stop him. I swear to god the moment we get back on land he's a dead man. 

I put that on Gimbo's life. 

"see it's not that bad" Damiano chuckles as I hold onto the sides of the canoe even tighter, 

"shut the fuck up right now" I grit through my teeth, staring up into the sky to gain my composure. 

"Just relax amore" Damiano says, stopping the canoe. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN. 

I just stare at him trying to stay as calm as possible. What if I fall? What if I drown? What if there's sharks? Oh I'm so going to die. 

"Lets go" he adds, realizing I'm not speaking to him

"Wait what? go where" 

"Damiano no"

"no no no no" 

But before I can protest even further, he tips the canoe. 

I have held my breath in a pool before, this isn't like that. This is like having a gun to my head and being told not to let my heart beat. Of course it will beat. And just like the heart must go on my lungs will inhale whether it is air or briny water. In the moment that the coolness rushes in I know I am already dead.

But I'm not. 

Arms wrap around my waist pulling me out of the water. I gasp, breathing in as much air as possible as my whole body shakes, partially from the cold, partially from fear. 

"hey hey hey I got you" Damiano says, holding me up tighly on the surface of the water. I quickly forget how angry I am at him and wrap my arms around his neck, trying to remain as calm as possible but my breaths are rapid and uneven, it's like im gasping. 

"I got you amore"

"you're safe, i wont let you go"

"deep breaths" 

"copy my breathing" He reassures as I try to match the pace of my breaths with his. In. Out. In. Out. Once my breathing is finally steady, my muscles relax. The fear is still there and heightens as each wave hits us, I hold onto him tighter. 

"you're okay" he says once again as my eyes drift onto his. My fear slowly subsides as I try to enjoy the water around me, engulfing the lower half of my body. 

The water is cold, but not the debilitating freezing cold. It's cold in a way which makes you shudder, the cold that wakes you up, makes you feel every bone in your body. 

I can already feel my hands wrinkling as my clothes flow under the water. I swallow a little, trying to give him a small reassuring smile that I'm okay. 

I am okay.

"I'm sorry, but I'm done waiting" Damiano mumbles, I almost don't hear it from how low he speaks. But before I know it his cold lips crash onto mine. 

It takes me a second the process it, before I kiss him back. Why do I? 

I don't know. But it feels right. 

Our lips move in sink, the salty flavor of the sea mixing between us. It's not soft, but not rough either. It's passionate. The type of passion that's been urging to be let out. 

He holds me above water tighter, as my arms tighten around him before breaking the kiss. We pull back, slightly out of breath, both staring at each others lips before our eyes. 

"I'm-" he begins but I cut him off quickly, knowing whats about to come next. 

"sorry? I'm not" 

"I'm not either"

"but I'm cold can we please get out now" I whine, causing him to laugh as he slowly swims us over to the dock. I climb the ladder back up and shoot a glare to the sports manager. I wrap my arms around my body. I'm shivering and my cold clothes are stuck to me like glue. My hair drips down my back, like ice droplets each time, making me shudder. 

"I didn't bring extra clothes" I huff out, wrapping my arms tighter around my body,

"I did" Damiano replies, reaching into a backpack from inside the sports cabin. Motherfucker.

"You planned all of this!?" I yell, okay it was incredibly cute but what the hell was he thinking!?!

"you're not coraline anymore see" He says, unfazed by my yelling,

"what?"

"coraline vuole il mare ma ha paura dell'acqua" he recites.

 Oh. 

Coraline. The song he wrote about me the day in my apartment. The day I thought we had a genuine connection. A couple of days before he got with Giorgia. 

Coraline.