CHAPTER 30

Chapter 30: Forgiveness

JAX TRAVIS BUENAVISTA

Nasa byahe na kami pauwi ng Makati.

Rein's leaning on my shoulder, and she's sleeping.

I am playing with her fingers to ease my boredom. I'm writing letters on her palm saying, 'I LOVE YOU.'

I felt her move so I turned my gaze to her. She slowly opened her eyes and smiled at me. She's really beautiful when she's smiling. I mean, she's already beautiful, but when she smiles, the world just turns magical. Damn, ang corny ko.

Well, she often smiles now compared to before, but still can't help being grumpy and feisty. Which I still find beautiful. Just everything about her is beautiful.

"What are you doing, Buenavista?" she asks and straightens her sit.

"I didn't do anything." I deny. Inirapan niya lang ako pero ngumiti rin. Damn.

Tumingin siya sa labas ng bintana. "Malapit na pala tayo. You want to take a rest first or we'll go directly to Ate Janna?"

"You? Do you wanna take a rest first? Or we'll go to her directly?"

"Let's go to her first." Tumango lang ako at mas hinigpitan ang hawak sa kamay niya.

"Kuya sa Eternal Cemetery po." Rein said to the driver. He just nods at us.

I'm getting nervous as Rein said we're almost there. The last memory I had of her was terrible.

Will she forgive me?

The taxi stopped. "Ma'am, Sir, nandito na po tayo."

"Kuya, can you wait for us? We'll pay you triple," Sasha asked. Natagalan si Kuya sumagot pero lumingon din siya sa amin at ngumiti.

"Sige po, Ma'am. Hintayin ko po kayo rito." We got off the taxi and walk towards the entrance.

Nauunang maglakad si Rein sa akin. Kaya tahimik akong nakasunod sa kaniya. I can feel my palm sweating and my chest tightening. I still can't believe she's gone.

She'll forever be my first love and my greatest what-if.

Maya-maya pa ay huminto na si Rein. I slowly look at where she's looking.

In loving memory of

Janna Santos

Born: January 14, 1996

Died: September 6, 2016

Your memories will forever remain in our heart

"Ate, he's here." I heard Rein mutter. Lumapit siya sa lapida ni Janna at umupo sa gilid nito. Tinanggal niya ang ilang dahong nakakalat dito.

"He wants to talk to you, Ate." She looks at me and motions me to come closer.

With trembling hands, I move closer.

Ngumiti naman sa akin si Rein and look back to Janna's tombstone. "I'll leave you two alone. Alam kong marami kayong dapat pag-usapan."