25.Satan?

Songs:
•It's called: freefall- rainbow kitten surprise

Jane was running.

She was running as fast as she could, legs pumping and feet smacking the ground.

She should've been able to hear her own breath tearing its way out of her chest, hear the wind rushing past her ears.

But she didn't hear that.

She should've been able to feel the strain on her body, her lungs shouldve been burning with the pressure of not enough oxygen.

But she didn't feel any of that.

She didn't feel anything.

She didn't feel herself stop running. One second she was flying through the air and the next she was stood still, staring at the nothing in front of her.

"Jane."

Jane turned, following the sound of the voice. There was nothing. Why was there still nothing? Why couldn't she hear her own heartbeat?

"Jane."

Jane was running again. This time away. Away from whatever was putting voices in her head, voices she could hear as clear as her own, which had been taken away from her.

Jane screamed.

Not a sound.

Jane pushed through the nothing. The nothing fought back. It wanted her there, wanted her in the place with no sound, no feeling, no life. She thought she should feel cold, or pain. But there was just nothing.

"Jane."

Except for that. What was that?

"Jane, can you hear me?"

Yes, I can fucking hear you. Are you God? Wait.

Jane could feel the nothing slipping away. Slowly. Instead, it was being replaced with a small throb in her side. Which she could feel. Why could she feel that? And what the fuck was tickling her face?

"Come on Jane, you gotta wake up."

Satan?

The throbbing got worse. Pain licked up her side, blinding her of all other feeling. Apart from whatever the fuck was still tickling her face.

"Starting compressions."

Jane's eyes shot open before they even had the chance to force her heart to start beating again.

The pain was still there, sharp and constant. But so was that infuriating tickling. Breathing too calmly for someone who just came back to life, she looked around. Staring down at her with varied reactions of horror and hope was her team. The one closest to her was Reid, his head inches from hers.

"Reid, I'm not kidding. Get a fucking haircut."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s

please don't hate me. i gave up. i mean i sorta tried to make it good but i really just could not be bothered anymore. like i've been writing this since 2020 (i think) and i don't even watch criminal minds anymore. which i really should, i need to watch the new season. anyway you can take the ending of this how you want. if you hate it, good for you. i do too. if you like it, sure. you do you. up to you what happens to jane. if you want her to stay with the team, cool. if you want her to jump on her silly little skateboard and ride off into the sunset, lovely. that's the end of it really.

reid got the haircut btw. i mean it happens in the show but i just wanted to say it happens here as well.
love that hair.
k. bye.

p.p.s
wanted to put this in but didn't want to have to write more to make it fit so here. have this.

"well the bright light wasn't all that bright, more of a red. and there was this weird looking guy with massive horns and a tail who kept saying welcome to hell."
jane's eyes widened and she looked at reid with as much sarcasm as possible.
"i think i may have told the devil to fuck off."