5.Hey skinny.

Songs:
Stay awake- Example
I'm not in love- 10cc
Maneater- Daryl Hall

After her phone call with Penelope she booked the earliest flight to Virginia she could find which happened to be at 3am on Sunday morning (the next day). That meant she had less than 20 hours to pack up all her stuff. She had spent the entire night filling out paperwork for her new apartment and putting everything into boxes. She only had an hour to fall asleep on the plane before landing. She hailed a taxi from the airport and give him the address of her new home. As she they pulled up outside the apartment, she saw a dark man stood outside the door. She stepped out of the cab and he turned around to face her.

"Hey, Jane, right?" He grinned at her as she slowly nodded. She was about to ask him who the hell he was. "Derek." He introduced himself and reached forward to give her a handshake. To his surprise she went for a fist bump. While he laughed at their awkward interaction, Jane narrowed her eyes at him.

"So, what's your deal? You some sort of weirdo who offers people apartments so you can sneak back in later to kill them? Or are you the knight in shining armour who expects something in return for your heroic actions?" She questioned him, raising her eyebrows.

"Are you saying a man cant be nice?"

"That is exactly what I'm saying."

Morgan chuckled at Jane. "You know, not everyone has been sent to destroy you. I thought I would help you out purely because you sounded like you needed it. And here we are, stood outside the apartment that I oh so humbly offered you, so I would say that Im right."

Jane held his eye contact, trying to see if he was lying to her. He looked at her while she sized him up. Morgan smiled and sighed.

"Look, I get it. Trust is earnt." He shrugged at her and held put his hand again. "Hey, Im Derek. I went to university on a football scholarship. I was a police officer in Chicago, and I worked in a bomb squad unit. I have a black belt in judo, and I tend to kick down doors. I have two sisters called Sarah and Desirée. I have a small obsession with Kurt Vonneguts books."

"What are you doing?"

"I'm showing you that I am a completely normal person with no ulterior motives. Jane Hanson, I promise I am not here to kill you."

"You do realise that serial killers look and sound completely normal too." She couldn't help but crack a small smile at him. She whispered a small thank you to Morgan. "Thanks for helping me."

"What was that I couldn't quite hear what you said." He joked.

"You saved my ass, big time."

Morgan cracked up and so did Jane. She hadn't laughed like this in a while and it felt nice.

"Shall we?" He asked as he handed her the keys to the apartment. She took them in her hand and smiled at the keyring that hung from them. G-man.

"We shall."

She walked up to the door and turned the lock. When she pushed the door open her eyes widened. The first room she saw was the large living room. The sun shone down through the large windowpanes that lined the ceiling, illuminating the brown couch in the middle of the room. It was joined by two armchairs, a coffee table and a foot stall. Opposite the couch was a huge TV screen and Jane could tell she would be spending most of her free time in front of it. In the far corner of the room, three lights hung from the ceiling, with a table underneath it. Jane pointed at it and turned to Morgan.

"That is super creepy. How did you know I play?" He was stood in the doorway laughing at her as she shoved her hands in her pocket.

"Garcia has some issues with new people, so she wanted to double check that you weren't some assassin." He smirked as he stood next to her. "Jane Hanson, Pennsylvanias recurring snooker champion."