8.No monkey business, string bean.

Songs:
•Gimme love- Joji
•Afraid- The Neighbourhood
•Devil town- Cavetown

Jane reached the door first, leaving Spencer at the bottom of the stairs, struggling to pull his bags up with him. She took the room key out of her pocket and put it in the lock. When she opened the door, she headed straight for the bed in the middle of the room and threw herself onto it headfirst. After a few moments she heard a small cough coming from the doorway. She looked up and saw Spencer stood awkwardly with his bags and her skateboard. She realised that she had left it downstairs. He walked into the room and put both of their things on the armchair in the corner.

"I don't mind taking the chair." He mumbled.

Jane smirked at him. She thought it was kind of sweet that he'd offered her the bed. Any other time she'd been alone in room with a guy, they would be trying to rip her clothes off. She sat up and walked over to him placing her hand out in front of her.

"I, Jane Hanson, promise that this room is a hanky panky free zone, absolutely no monkey business, string bean."

He smiled shyly and looked down at her hand. Remembering that he didn't do handshakes, she pulled out a pen and a screwed-up piece of paper from her pocket. She scribbled down her promise and signed it. "Here."

He laughed and took the paper from her. She walked back over to the bed and threw herself on it again. Spencer sat on the edge and she rolled onto her side, propping herself up with her elbow.

"So Megamind, any ideas about the case?"

"Yeah, uh no. Not really. We know he's evolving, getting experimental with the bodies."

"Still no connection between them?"

"Not yet, but Garcia will find something." He yawned and smiled at her. Jane turned over so she was laying flat on her back, looking up at the ceiling. She always did this when she was trying to think.

"Hey Jason Bourne, you should probably sleep." She felt the bed lift back up and she watched him stand up. He walked over to his bag and took it to the bathroom. A few minutes later he came out wearing a white t shirt and grey joggers.

"Well this is new. Genius by day, long haired college boy by night." She raised her eyebrows at him as he tucked a piece of stray hair behind his ear.

"Jane we're the same age."

Jane shrugged her shoulders. He walked over to the bed and looked down at her, his look asking if it was okay to sit down. She rolled her eyes and reached up to grab his shoulders. She pulled him down and he landed on top of her. Jane couldn't hold back her laughter as he scrambled to get off her, brushing his hair out of his eyes. Jane pulled lightly on a piece of it.

"Isn't having long hair a little impractical for an FBI agent?" He sighed and laid down next to her, both of them staring at the ceiling.

"Says the one who carries around nothing but her skateboard, a pen and screwed up bits of paper." He laughed, nudging her leg with his knee.

"Those things are very practical, and I don't need anything else." She huffed and rolled over, not wanting to participate in the conversation anymore.

"I'll make you a deal. Next case we get, bring a bag and I'll cut my hair". Reid said, tapping Jane on the shoulder. She turned back over and looked him in the eyes to see if he was lying. She smiled at him and crossed her fingers behind her back.

"Deal. But I kind of like the long hair." She got of the bed and went for her case file. "This does not mean you're off the hook for telling Hotch about me not having a bag." She spread the contents of the file on the floor and sat down next to it.