39. 𝑫𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒔

The sound of the ticking of the clock is circling in the room. Yuna shifts her position and turns around to see Taehyung all curled up in the duvet, she's facing his back. It's the first time he's not holding her while sleeping and it's disturbing her.

It seems like she has done something very wrong. She takes a deep breath and gets up, leaning her back against the bed. She looks at the lying figure beside her. The earlier conversation she had with Jimin is circling in her mind.

" I promise I would treat you like a princess this time "

Yuna close her eyes tightly and shook her head " Never! " She whispers to herself. Whenever she finds Taehyung beside her on nights. She feels a kind of relief, a feeling of security. She smiles and moves closer to him. She lays on her side and gets closer and closer until he turns back and digs his face into the pillow.

She takes a deep breath and gets relaxed that she didn't wake him up. She places her hand on his head and caresses it softly, whispering sweet things with a small smile plastered on her face

" You are a softie, cuddly and comfy bear "

She laughs lowly and hugs him slowly, making sure he is still sleeping. A part of her craves for him to hold her back but she doesn't want to wake him up either. She pats his back slowly

" I'm glad you're here "

She feels him shifting himself to get more comfortable but doesn't hold her back.

" You're my safe place, Taehyungie~ "

She kisses his temple " Just trust me "

Yuna gives a last look at his face and closes her eyes, his lavender scent is soothing her mind as she relaxes under the duvet. She smiles softly and drifts into sleep in no time. When there is no more movement, Taehyung opens his eyes and wraps his arm around her waist, pulling her closer until her face is against his collarbone.

He feels her getting comfortable under her touch and he loves how soundly she sleeps in his arms. He runs his long fingers through her brown silky hair, patting her back slowly.

Taehyung looks down to make sure she's sleeping comfortably. His mind is stuck on the memory of his wife with Park Jimin

He is thinking about him again and again and trying to connect the dots. The memory of meeting him at the ceremony flashes in his mind.

Why? Park Jimin? Why him?

So many questions are circling in his mind. He thinks about all the reports he collected about Yuna before her marriage and there was no sign of Park Jimin. Where did he appear from? He thoughts to himself

The thing that is bothering him the most is that Yuna lies to him. He blames himself that he wasn't able to put much trust in her to tell him everything easily.

Just then, he feels some movement and he looks down to see Yuna rubbing her eyes as she looks up to see Taehyung already looking at her.

" you're still awake... "

She asks in a sleepy voice. Taehyung nods a little " Do you want me to pat you? Or... Do you want me to... "

She hums and thinks for a while. Taehyung looks at her sleepy face in awe, his lips curve into a small smile

" What else? "

She hums again and whispers " Or else I could give you... "

She moves closer and whispers in his ear " A goodnight Kiss "