46. 𝑻𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒉

" What... "

Her mind wents blank. She fakes a smile and questions " You're kidding, right? "

Silence fills in the room, making her gulp. He doesn't say anything

" Taehyung.... Say something... "

Instead of saying anything he looks keep looking at her and silently looks away, making Yuna's heart beat anxiously.

" I'm sorry but... Can you leave... "

It felt like someone stepped on her heart. Her lips parts but no words come out of her mouth. She stays silent standing on her spot. She steps a little closer and tries to hold his hand

" T-Taehyung... I.. I'm Yuna... "

She places her cold hand on his hand slowly and continues " Kim Yuna... Your wife... "

" I-I'm your... wife "

He doesn't say anything but instead close his eyes slowly and refuses to look at her

" Taehyung... "

Before she could hold his hand he again moves it away letting her meeting the cold air of the room

Tears falls down her eyes. She's unable to register anything.

" I- "

" Taehyung... " She hears an unfamiliar voice and turns around. It felt like time stopped for her. She sees the black long haired woman walking past her as she stands beside Taehyung and holds his hand. Her heart breaks to see that he holds back her hand and his eyes darts on her face like he was yearning for her.

" Taehyung... I'm here " she holds his hand tightly, placing it against her cheek. Her mind went back to the night she called Taehyung

That voice....

The same voice that attended the call that night... The same girl she saw for the first time in Taehyung's office

The same girl she saw in that photo which she found in Taehyung's diary...

The way Taehyung's ignoring Yuna's presence is breaking her.

" What's happening... " She whispers

" I- "

She stops when she feels a pull on her arm and turns around to see Jungkook in front of her. He holds her hand and drags her out of the room, closing the door behind him

" Jung...kook, Taehyung... He... "

Jungkook makes her sit on the bench and kneels in front of her " You... Need to listent to me very carefully right now. "

" Jungkook... " Tears starts falling from her eyes again

" Yuna... " He rubs her tears " you need to be strong right now, okay? Listen to me "

She close her eyes, bitting her quivering lips. She takes a deep breath and rubs her eyes.

" Yuna... Taehyung lost his memory. His mind... went back to the accident that occurred back when he was 21 "

" What...? "

He nods " The time when... he lost his sister. That's why he doesn't remember you. It will take a lot of time to remember everything... "

" You need to be strong. He will be discharged in some days, okay? You'll stay with him. He will remember you. Just try to spend as much as the time you could spend with him. Meanwhile, I'll take care of every thing in the office. "

She nods slowly " Jungkook... Who's that girl... "

Jungkook remains silent for some seconds and sighs " Didn't Taehyung ever mention anything.... about his family? "

She shook her head " No... He never mentioned about them... I thought maybe he needs time to tottaly open up with me and tell everything but he never did. I just remember that my mom and I went to his father's funeral back when she was a worker in their office. I don't know what happened and how all of that happened. My mother worked for their company for a long time. She adored Taehyung so much. I didn't see Taehyung so carefully that time so when I met him for the first time in my home I didn't quite recognise him. "

Jungkook hums in response and replies " Don't worry, I'll tell you everything when the right time comes. Okay? "

She nods. The sound of clicking heels diverts Yuna's attention. She looks around to see the same black haired girl walking out of the room. Her face was blank. She stops beside Jungkook and says " He was... asking about Hyerin... "

Yuna noticed how Jungkook's head head hands lower " Then...? "

" I... told him everything... "

Jungkook nods and gets up " I shall see him " he says and goes into Taehyung's room

Just then her gaze lands on Yuna. She smiles and sits beside her. She place her hand on Yuna's hand and says

" Taehyung used to talk about you a lot...  Even when he was burning with fever. All he could think about was You "

" Fever? When... "

She crashes her eyebrows " Didn't Taehyung tell you anything? "

" Tell what....? "

" That night when you called Taehyung. I was the one who attended the call.  He had fever for almost 2 days. He wasn't even conscious enough to do anything. Mr Jung Hoseok and I went to meet him and then we stayed there for him that's why I attended that call. Hoseok was out for taking medicines so I was the only one left to do so " she forces a small smile

" When I opened his phone it was full of your calls and texts. So I informed Jungkook everything. Gladly Taehyung recovered fast. As soon as he came to know that you needed him. He rushed back just to see you. Even when he was burning with fever he was calling out your name " she continues

Yuna is too stunned to say anything. " Oh! I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself completely "

" I'm yumi, Jung Yumi. Jung Hoseok's Wife. He's Taehyung very good buddy and we both settled out of the country. He'll be here in some days also. He'll surely meet you. Taehyung made you a celebrity in his friend cyclea " she laughs a little

" But.... "

Yuna was about to ask something but suddenly she hears a phone vibration. Yumi stands up and excuses " I'm sorry I'm in a hurry "

Yuna rubs her hands on her thighs " What have I done... He was sick and doubted him... " she whispers

A sudden guilt rushes in her and she regrets everything she said that time. It hurts her more to think how much she hurt him when he thought I didn't trust him. She crosses her arms and place he forehead against her arms.

" What have I done... "

She whispers and closes her eyes

____

It's past midnight and Yuna is pacing back and forth in Taehyung's room. He fell asleep several hours ago. It felt like history repeated itself and it was very hard to tell him everything again.

Yuna stands in front of the window. Jungkook left a while ago. Yuna insisted to stay. She takes a deep breath, inhaling the cold air, soothing her brain. Everything happened so fast that she still thinks it's not real.

" Hyerin! "

She flinches on her spot by the sudden yell. She turns around and see Taehyung panting heavily as her tries to get up. Yuna hurriedly stops him and sits beside him, holding his arms firmly.

" Taehyung... Taehyung... You can't get up "

" Hyerin... She... She came in my dream. She's calling for me... I.. I killed my sister... I killed- "

Yuna cups his face " look at me... Taehyung... You're not a killer. You didn't kill anyone! It was an accident! Everything was an accident! Do you hear me? "

" You're the nicest, purest person, okay? " She says softly and engulfs him in her hug. Pating his back slowly. She comforts him. She feels him sinking in her hug, snaking his hands around her waist. He pulls her more closer and hides his face in her embrace. Yuna feels his tears.

The room gets filled with sobs as her hand remains on his back, soothing him slowly.