1. Smriti

Disclaimer: All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as a work of fiction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please do vote & comment your honest views on this chapter. It would mean a lot! <3

Smriti's POV -

"Di, dinner is ready. Mumma has been calling you for the past 10 minutes. Everyone is waiting at the dining table for you, stop with your excuses and come downstairs." I heard my younger sister, Adhira, admonish me.

I have been avoiding conversations with my family for the past two weeks, but avoiding them anymore just seems impossible. I nodded at my sister and followed her after switching off the lights in my room.

"There comes her highness finally sparing us an opportunity to dine with her", mocked my elder brother Samarth, who got a deserving smack on his right arm by Veena Bhabhi.

I took my seat beside Dadu and Adhira sat right opposite me, beside Mumma. The dinner was surprisingly a quiet affair. Actually, not really, but at least I was not being questioned about my life tonight.

Wait! How can Smriti Singhania ever be right in her 21 years of life?

Just as I took the last bite of my Dahi Vada, I heard my father, Mr. Raghuvansh Singhania clear his throat. The little chatter on the dining table died as the family prepared to hear the owner of Singhania Group of Industries address his only incapable child, Smriti.

My family was a family of high achievers, in fact, legends quite literally. My grandfather, Shri. Dinanath Amber Singhania built a successful business of automobiles back in the 1940's and my father established it as a multi-crore empire. My mother, Mrs. Rajshri Singhania is a successful gynecologist in one of the leading hospitals of Delhi and Veena Bhabhi is a cardiologist in the same hospital. My brother is leading in the race for being the CEO of our company after years of hard work in LSE and Harvard Business School and my younger sister is already prepared to go to Oxford at the age of 18.

As for me, I was just sitting with my class 12th degree within the 4 walls of my multi-storey bungalow.

I am aware that I don't fit into this family.

"Smriti, I won't repeat this again. I want you to consider Agnihotri's proposal." consider - no, forcefully accept - yes, my thoughts followed soon after he spoke, but I had no courage in me to voice out my thoughts in front of him.

"Smriti, please, we really are tired of your excuses. For once, listen to us and don't spoil our lives. You've done what you wanted and now let us clear this menace. We are not your enemies beta, we know what is right for you." And like this, once again, my loving parents made me realize that I'm indeed not one amongst them.

I gulped the familiar lump forming in my throat before nodding my head in yes and excused myself from the table before my tears could make their presence felt in the now happy gathering.

"Rajshri, I am calling the Agnihotri's tomorrow for dinner. We will take this forward from thereon", were the last words I heard from my father before I rushed back to my safe place, which I would have to leave very soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked the chapter! Until next time, bye. <3