26. Tying The Knot

Disclaimer: All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as a work of fiction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please do vote & comment your honest views on this chapter. It would motivate me a lot! <3

For the feels ~

Smriti's POV -

Sitting on the specially adorned sofa, I felt like a princess in my gold-studded lehenga with intricate embroidery. The backless blouse and diamond-studded designs sparkled under the lights, making me feel both regal and nervous. The theme for our sangeet was Bollywood, and Vivek and I had taken inspiration from Sidharth Malhotra and Kiara Advani's iconic sangeet looks. I couldn't help but steal glances at myself, amazed at the transformation makeup and attire could bring.

Then, he entered.

Vivek looked like a Greek God in his black kurta, off-white pajama, and a gold-studded long coat that added an air of elegance to his simplicity. As he approached, his eyes widened with admiration, and he couldn't stop showering me with compliments. Even in his praise, he managed to make me blush, leaving me feeling like the luckiest woman alive.

Smriti & Vivek's Sangeet Look ~

Guests streamed in, offering their blessings and greetings

Guests streamed in, offering their blessings and greetings. My family, in their own unique ways, expressed their happiness. My Dadu and Mumma blessed us wholeheartedly, my father and brother, while awkward, acknowledged Vivek with a simple handshake. But my Bhabhi was absent; my brother informed me she was not feeling quite well due to her pregnancy.

Adhira, always ready with a snide remark, commented on my transformation, but Vivek's silent defense shut her down. Amrita, never the one to back down, challenged Adhira, to showcase what she had in store during the Bollywood challenge instead of showing how below the belt she could go. Before the tension in the air could grow thicker, Amrita and Rohit Bhaiyya jumped up on the stage to commence the Bollywood Challenge.

In this challenge the groom's side was going to perform on old retro bollywood numbers whereas my family had chosen the new Bollywood hits.

The sangeet ceremony started with parents from both sides jumping in, each claiming their side, trying to outshine the other. Siblings, too, got into the act, with Rohit Bhaiyya throwing competitive jibes, Adhira and Samarth Bhaiyya defending their turf, and Amrita declaring her determination to win.

As the performances began, the stage came alive. Vivek's siblings and cousins grooved to timeless classics like "Mere Sapno Ki Rani" and "Ae Mere Humsafar," while my siblings and cousins responded with contemporary hits like "Badtameez Dil" and "Nashe Si Chadh Gayi." The energy was contagious, and the room reverberated with laughter, cheers, and music.