4. Rendezvous

Disclaimer: All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as a work of fiction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please do vote & comment your honest views on this chapter. It would motivate me a lot! <3

Smriti's POV -

I suddenly felt a hand clutch my hair together while another rubbed my back up and down in a soothing manner while I continued vomiting in my garden.

By the time I was done, I was way too exhausted to even remain standing.

I suddenly found myself leaning on the tree and that's when I realized that I was not alone. There was someone else too.

As soon as the realization hit me, I immediately looked up to find gentle light brown orbs with a hint of caramel in them, looking at me with concern. His almond-shaped eyes held so much depth in them that I found myself almost drowning in them. They were highly intoxicating!

"Are you feeling fine?" I found myself involuntarily nodding my head in response to his concern.

"Come, let's get you inside and get you cleaned up." He forwarded his hand for me to take and that's when I slipped back into reality.

Who is this man and why is he showing so much concern?

I immediately found myself straightening up and looked at him dubiously.

He withdrew his hand, almost sensing my apprehension.

"Hi! I'm Dr. Vivek Agnihotri. My family and I were invited here for lunch." He introduced himself and I suddenly realized that my anger a few minutes back was almost futile. He did show up.

I lowered my gaze in embarrassment and that's when I noticed the mess I had created and I immediately flushed in self- consciousness.

"I..I'm really sorry for...for all the mess I've created..uh...I'm sorry..uhh..." I found it unusually difficult to apologize, probably due to my throbbing headache.

"It's okay. Now let's go inside and get you some rest." He dismissed my apology.

"Uhh...you should probably go inside. I know this is gross. I'll get this cleaned and join y'all soon." I suggested, partly because I was embarrassed about the grand welcome I had given him and partly because I cannot get myself to sit between everyone in an overly lit and noisy room with my migraine after my full-blown throwing up session.

I hate throwing up! It feels like there's not even an ounce of energy left in me.

" First of all, I don't find this gross. Secondly, you should focus on hydrating yourself and, of course, resting. Cleaning this mess should be last on your priority list." He said in a no - nonsense tone and I was left with no other option.

I found myself giving in and we both made our way back inside.

As soon as we entered the living room, I furrowed my eyebrows and scrunched my eyes as a reflex towards brightness.

"Did you take any medication for your headache?" Vivek asked and I immediately looked up at him in surprise.

"How did he know? I never mentioned my headache to him." I wondered.

"Hey! Vivek is here." Before I could answer his question, aunty called out Vivek's name and made her way to us excitedly.

"Looks like Smriti & Vivek have already met each other." Uncle commented with a grin on seeing us entering together.