17. Long Distance Love

Disclaimer: All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation, and it is written as a work of fiction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please do follow, vote & comment with your honest views on this chapter. It would motivate me a lot! <3

A/N: A LONG CHAPTER AHEAD 😉

Smriti's POV -

" Yes, I am definitely interested in pursuing further studies after completing my undergraduate course. While obtaining a bachelor's degree provides a solid foundation in my chosen field, I believe continuing my education at...." 

Currently, I am physically seated in Adhira's room, helping her rehearse her answers for her upcoming mock interviews. But only I know who has my undivided mental presence currently; in fact, lately it is always with that same man who is capable of igniting my imagination and sweeping me off my feet. 

In the past month of our "official" dating period, we have actually managed to go on seven dates. Note the hidden "official" before dates. Oh, I have just lost count of the number of our unofficial dates. All of them have been as sweet as sugar and dreamy as Disney. I am way past my liking phase. Yes, I have come to terms with it. But am I ready to give Vivek that spot in my heart that I had always reserved for Doraemon?

As childish as it sounds but it is what it is. Doraemon has literally been the love of my life for the past 21 years of my existence. He may not have been my knight in shining armor, coming to save me from my grave problems, unlike Nobita, but he has always managed to distract me from them, making me feel kind of better for at least some time.

But for the past few months, Doraemon has failed to attract my attention towards him. Someone else has it now. Viv...

"It will not only enhance my knowledge and skills but also broaden my career prospects and allow me to make a meaningful contribution to my field of interest. Huff. I'm finally done Di! How was my answer? Give me your opinion." Adhira completed her ten minute long answer on God knows which question, and now she wants my input.

Of course, she would want my input. She had called me for that. But what do I tell her? That I was busy drawing comparisons between Vivek and Doraemon?

The blaring caller tune of my phone suddenly caught both of our attention, giving me temporary respite from Adhira's torture.

"Oh, it's Vivek's call. I need to take this, Adhira. I..I'll give you my input later. Okay? Thank you. Byeee." I thank God internally and excuse myself immediately, giving Adhira no time to retort.

"Thank you!" I giggled on the call as I entered my room and locked it from inside.

"For what?" Vivek asked with a slight hint of amusement in his voice.

"Well, you saved me from my younger sister's torture. She's been eating my head off with her interview preparation." I said sheepishly. Off-late, I have become too open with Vivek.

"Well, then I should thank you too." Vivek exclaims.

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"Amrita, too was eating Ro and my head, but at least I got away with an excuse of calling you." He sighed.

"Oh, so I'm your knightess in shining armor." I state proudly.

"Then I must be your knight in shining armor, soon to be Mrs. Agnihotri." Vivek says huskily.